I happened upon the potty at Toys R Us, and convinced my husband that we needed it. Showing him all of its features I was able to sell him on buying it for Gretchen. There were 3 colors available: pink, blue, and green. I decided to purcahse the green potty, so we wouldn't have to re-purchase once we had a second child.
The Potette Potty doubles as a toilet and a trainer seat. It comes with a few disposable bags, and a convenient carrying bag. You may purchase extra disposable bags at Toys R Us.
Overall: I love that it comes with it's own carrying case. It easily folds and stores in our diaper bag. If you've seen my diaper bag, then you know I keep tons of stuff in there! I'm pleased that I've made room for this to fit too! Because the carrying bag, "sinches" i'm able to close the bag to keep the potty out of sight, or keep it open for a quick grab of the potty!

As a potty seat: I love that I can place this on any adult size toilet and Gretchen can sit comfortably. The "handles" flip all the way out and give Gretchen something to hold on to. The handles also fold all the way in, making it small enough to carry with us and store. I disenfect it once we get home. I love that she can sit on a public toilet without getting too many germs. This has eased my fear of public restrooms a bit!As a potty: Wow! I'm convinced! Gretchen weighs about 30 pounds and the potty is able to securely hold her. The handles of the seat flip to a 90 degree angle. You simply take a disposable bag, which features a padded liner, and slip onto the slots in the handle to hold securely in place. Your child is then able to sit, and go into the bag. The bag easily slips off and ties. The padded liner absorbs most of the mess. I also keep other plastic bags in the diaper bag, so I do slip an extra bag around it, especially if you have to leave it in your car, or carry with you until you find a trash can. My only complaint, is that the handles need to be locked in place in order for it to hold securely, or the seat will wobble and your child may tip over. I'm able to get one in place, but typically not the other- I think I just need more practice. Also, the handles are a little difficult to unlock once they are in place. I've had to have my husband unlock it because I was afraid to break it. It will also take practice to secure the bag in a timely fashion. As you may know, you only have a minute or so before a child tells you they need to go before they actually do go! I think the cons outweigh the pros. Again, it eases my fear of public restrooms because she can use the actual potty, rather than using it as a seat, if a toilet is too nasty.
Our experience: Yes, I have to use this story, even though my daughter will be greatly embarassed when she is older! Friday night we had our school carnival. Afterwards, we needed to go to Verizon. I told DJ that Gretchen and I would stay in the car. About 20 minutes later, Gretchen had her "poopy look" on her face, and I asked if she needed to potty, which she responded "uh-huh". Knowing that Verizon didn't have a public restroom, I whipped out the potette potty, unfolded it, and attached the bag, and placed the potty on the back seat of the car. I pulled her out of the carseat, and placed her on the potty. She sat on the potty, after looking at me like I was crazy, and eventually went. I was so pleased that I could reinforce that she shouldn't go in her pull-up, and that the potty was so convenient!
If you have a potty training child, I would suggest that you purchase the potty. If I remember correctly, the potty is only around $15.00, and the bags cost about $10.00.
No comments:
Post a Comment