I decided that I wanted to make a few treats for the kiddos at Gretchen's childcare. Her sitter only watches about 7 children a day, varying in ages from a few months to 4 years. I chose to make chocolate dipped marshmallows, that are similar to the marshmallow suckers found
here.
These were very simple to make, especially since I had a lot of the supplies already. I purchased an extra bag of marshmallows from the grocery store this week, and some multi-colored sprinkles.
I melted white chocolate, and colored it purple and pink, by adding food coloring. I dipped the top 1/2 of the marshmallow into the chocolate and then into the sprinkles. I left some of them, plain without sprinkles.

Once they had hardened, I put two marshmallows into each bag. I purchased these bags years ago for treat bags at work, but I haven't made treat bags in a few years. I placed in a sprinkle marshmallow and a plain dipped marshmallow into the bags. I cut out a heart shaped from left over tagboard paper that I had from making Gretchen's birthday banner. Then, I cut ribbon to tie the bags together.

Voila! Adorable treats that I can take to daycare. This took me all of an hour to make- very easy if you need a last minute treat! I have about 30 extra since I dipped a bag and a half, so I'll take those to work tomorrow to share at Valentine parties!
How cute! What a fun site! So glad I found you! Stopped by from Friday Follow and now following you! Hope to see you soon.....http://BlackberryJamCafe.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteSusan
Those are GREAT Valentines treats!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments! I hope to see you back there soon:-)
How cute! friday following, I love your crafts! Come on over and follow back!
ReplyDeleteThe treat bags are adorable and look yummy! Thanks for the Friday Follow, followed you back!
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday Follow! Oh my you have some great ideas and projects! Looking forward to reading more.
ReplyDeleteHolly
www.504main.blogspot.com
www.hipweddings.blogspot.com
Found you through Friday Follow! Great blog, I'm now a Google Friend Connect Follower! :)
ReplyDeleteVisiting from My Kids Are Fun!
Great idea! I'm visiting you from Friday Follow. This is fun. Happy Valentine's Day and happy blogging!
ReplyDeleteHaapy Friday Follow AND V-Day, those treats look delish! I'm probably going to go eat some chocolate just for even glimpsing that, ahh well.
ReplyDeletePleased to meet you, Joe.
www.twentytolifeblog.blogspot.com
They look so festive! Great job.
ReplyDelete