Friday, December 31, 2010

Top 10 from 2010

Looking back at 2010, I realize how blessed I am. This past year, my home business has grown more than I would've imagined- it's been an amazing experience working with so many new and wonderful customers!

I decided that I would reflect back on some of my favorite items from the last year, just to see how far I've come; which, is all because of my supportive customers!

In no particular order..... drumroll please..... The "Back to School" bow... I had no reason to create this bow, other than I found the cute resins, and I wanted to design something around them. This bow inspired me to do an auction for CappsKids, of which other items were auctioned off and $60.00 was raised for this great organization!
This zebra bow was created last spring. I would have never chosen the colors together, but once I saw them I knew that it would be a great seller! GG also made a dress for Gretchen in these colors, and it's all because of this custom requested bow!
I tried to create larger bows this year, and this was a fun one that I made for the spring. I love the hot pinks, oranges, yellows, and lime green- it's just a good happy bow!
For Easter, I was asked to create an m2m bow for a customer. She sent me a picture of the dress, and I must say, that it matched perfectly! And, her little honey looked adorable! I layered an organza ribbon over a grosgrain, and added light pink and lime green surround-a-loops, with a blinged out flower in the center.
I also introduced a Minnie Mouse line this year. I started out with a pink and white Minnie, but I had a chance to create this shirt and matching bows for a customers trip to Disney. The shirt features a detachable bow, and the hair bow, features a sculpted Minnie Mouse.
Wipe Cases were also new to HPA this year, and it took me quite a bit of time to be comfortable making them. I made this one for a friend, who just had her little boy... I love the color combination of the wipe case!
I also wanted to expand on my tutu costume line, and with the help of Sara, I was able to create this Abby Cadabby outfit for her daughter! The tutu features aqua and purple, and I made pony-o's that mimic'd Abby Cadabby's hair, and a set of bows to match.
I've only had the chance to make two of these baby shower corsages- but I love them! I hope that i'll get to make more over the coming year!
Applique'd shirts also started in 2010, and I love the simplicity of this whale. For some reason, it just makes me happy- maybe it's the large polk-a-dots.
And, finally, one of my favorite shirts was this animal print combination stocking! I had started with a green damask stocking design, but once the customer asked for this one, I couldn't wait to create it!
Again, I want to thank all of my loyal customers- I can't wait for what 2011 has in store!









No comments:

Post a Comment