Tuesday, May 3, 2011

36 weeks

I'm officially 9 months pregnant! I thought this day would never arrive, and now i'm beginning to think that M will never arrive. I know she will, but i'm ready. I'm not ready because there's a lot to do, but i'm ready for her to be here, to hold her, and to introduce her to G. I'm ready for my husband to be here for the week that she's born and i'm ready to move.

I apologize that the picture is so small, but as I tried to make it bigger, I realized I was only making myself look bigger, and at this point, it is NOT a good idea to make the already large pregnant lady look like a massive giant pregnant lady.

I did go to the doctor on Monday, and for those of you who aren't totally grossed out by this, i'm 50% effaced and only a tiny bit dialated. But, that's better than where I was with G. The entire last month I was at a standstill of zero. But, to be honest, because of that, i'm not getting my hopes up that i'll progress much more with M.

Most of M's bones should be fully hardened at this point (maybe that's why I crave milk, chocolate milk, and ice cream?) with the exception of her skull. And, i'm going to assume not much else is going on with her, since all of my pregnancy updates talk about AFTER she arrives, which doesn't help my anticipation!

As far as how i'm feeling. Fine. Seriously, I feel better than I did with Gretchen; I know, I keep saying that. But, i'm not near as swollen. If you look carefully at that tiny picture though you can see my cankles- lovely. And, I feel like a hippo, but someone told me I was the cutest pregnant lady they'd ever seen this morning, which made my heart skip a beat. Seriously, I need to hear those things when you feel like a giant whale walking around outside of their fish tank.

I am having a few braxton hicks contractions, and dare I say, possibly some 'real' ones as well? Honestly, I never felt them with Gretchen, so I don't really know what i'm feeling. Rolling over is still a pain, and forget about me getting up if I sit on the floor..... definitely not graceful.

Countdown to the induction is 3 weeks from today!

2 comments:

  1. Hurray to being one week closer to havng your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DO look awesome :) ugh I feel so giant too though, especially when I'm trying to sleep. We're so close!

    ReplyDelete