Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My New Obsession: Headbands

Headbands are my absolute new obsession. I know, you've been seeing a lot more of these than the hair bows lately, but I'm having so much fun making them! I had to order my third supply of the vintage flowers last week, and I've already used them, and need to order my fourth!


Gretchen wore a vintage flower headband for Easter rather than a hair bow. It was much easier that day to pull it on her head, rather than taking some time to fix her hair. Plus, it was nice to see her in something a little different.
I've also started sporting these myself. Great for a messy hair day, but when you still want a little style. I made a simple black one for myself, which blends in to my hair, but is still fashionable and easy.



The fabric wrapped headbands are also a new favorite, because these can match the applique' shirts, plus the fabric rosette is not something that is seen too often, and can be perfect from toddlers to tweens. I even had an adult order one of these for herself last week in a black and white color combo. Again, perfect for those messy hair days when you want some style.



Most people are obsessed with the crochet headbands and flowers. I made these for Little Bow Peep's, but I promise, M has a few of her own. I'm actually going to take some to the hospital with us for her newborn photo shoot ~ we're blessed to have a professional photographer at the hospital~ The headbands are great for babies with no hair, and if your flowers are made as clips or bows are made on clips, then you can make them interchangeable and not be stuck with a million different crochet headbands.


I'm also working on a new style of headband, and hope to debut' it in the next few days. I'm just falling in love with the ease of them, and the style that they can add to your hair. What's your favorite style of headband?




2 comments:

  1. New follower from the hop!!

    http://nomorerecess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these headbands! I wish I had a little girl!!
    Found you through the Friday Follow and love your blog!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend my love!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete