Monday, May 30, 2011

M's first visitors

Megan was very fortunate to have many of her grandparents come to visit her in the first few hours. My mom, "Gee" was with me throughout the entire process. She's also staying for two and a half weeks to help out. I'm telling you, I love this lady, as she's already been a huge source of help and strength for me these first few days.

My step-dad, "grandpa" was here too. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have all of these amazing pictures to share! I wish he could have stayed longer, but he's already shared how excited he is that two of his granddaughters are moving closer! I can't wait for them to visit him on his 'farm'.

Gretchen finally arrived to see her new baby sister. She even brought Megan a gift, and was super excited to give it to her.

I'm sure M is going to grow to love her Sophie the Giraffe.

We now have 4 generations + 1 of amazingly stubborn strong-willed women!

Gretchen decided it was time for her to hold Megan for the first time, and did a great job!

DJ's mom, "Nana" was also here. I was so glad that she was here to see her 5th grandchild!

DJ paused for a moment to snap a picture of him with Megan. I know he's enjoyed these first few days here with her. My great-grandmother came and stayed with Gretchen and I for the month of May. It was a huge help having her here in case something happened and to help me take care of G as I grew more and more tired. She's an amazingly strong woman, and I love her for that.


After receiving her own big sister gifts, Gretchen decided to hold M again. She has adjusted so much better than I thought she would and I'm so proud of my big girl!



















No comments:

Post a Comment