Monday, March 31, 2014

Daffodil Field Pictures

While we were in Arkansas over Spring Break, my mom and I dressed the girls in their Easter dresses and took them to the Daffodil Field near her house! The field is just gorgeous, and there are daffodils everywhere! There's a little church on the grounds, and every Spring, they host a little Daffodil festival and people come just to take pictures or have picnics and walk around. It really is breathtaking!

Several years ago, I took just Gretchen, and then we haven't been in town when the flowers were in bloom, so I was excited that we made it!

I always think it'll be easy to get pictures of the girls. But, man, it is so hard! Every time I attempt to get photos, I realize more and more how hard a professional photographers job really is! 

Megan had been really cranky that morning and fell asleep on our way there, so she didn't want to take pictures at first. 
I took a few pictures of just Gretchen and Adalyn.
Then my mom blew bubbles and we still couldn't get Megan to sit with the other girls. 
I took a few of Gretchen, and this one may be my favorite. 
Although, I love how she looks like such a little lady here!
I took a few of Adalyn, but for a baby that is still wobbly when sitting and waves her arm everywhere, I didn't get too many fabulous ones!
She was so happy though!

Then there was Megan.

She just did not want to cooperate. 
Finally, my mom brought out these little fuzzy chicks that she had bought the day before and we played hide and go seek with them in the flowers.
The little game finally brought Megan out of her shell, and she began smiling, laughing, and playing in the flowers.
The candid pictures I got of her are some of my favorites. 

And, she finally agreed to sit with her sisters.

And that's when I learned how hard it is to get three girls to look at you at the same time, and to have them all smiling.

And, this is where I'm thankful that we have a photo shoot scheduled with our photographer in just a few weeks!

Gretchen grew tired of taking pictures, but Megan continued to cooperate.

And, I love this one! 

I finally decided that I had taken enough (over 300!) and we let the girls walk around in the flowers, and Gretchen may have picked a few!

Then, we found this girl who had a box of bunnies that she was renting out! It was such a smart idea, but we didn't have any cash with us, and I could just see the bunny hopping far away from my girls.
Gretchen held it though, and she let me snap a quick little picture.
 
Toward the end of the trip, the girls were laying down in the flowers and I tried to get a few pictures of them again. I love this one of Megan, but I hate that her eyes are closed!

The girls, my mom and I had a great time once everyone started cooperating! We had beautiful weather! Now, I just have to narrow down the pictures i'm going to print for their rooms… that's always the hard part! How do you choose?!

No comments:

Post a Comment