Saturday, July 19, 2014

4th of July

We woke up early on the morning of the 4th in order to head to Cherokee Village for the fire department pancake breakfast. This is the first year we've been to the pancake breakfast, but it was perfect, because Grandma Dee was hosting tons of people and she didn't have to cook breakfast for everyone! 

It was so crowded that I didn't get any pictures before we ate, or even when we were eating, but the pancakes were cooked by firemen, so that just tells you how wonderful they tasted. If you don't know, firemen can cook. End of story. 
I dressed the girls in their matching 4th of July dresses. 
The girls had lots of fun climbing all over the trucks, and I knew that if we didn't get family pictures now, the chances of us getting family pictures once we got back to the lake were next to impossible. I knew that this would be the only time that we were all actually dressed.
My brother, his wife, and their daughter came up the night before and met us for breakfast. They spent the entire weekend with us, and i'm so glad that they could come! We attempted a group picture for my mom, but that went over well. 
Then we got a few pictures of Gee with her girls. 
We all went back to the lake and before we headed in to change, I made everyone take another picture! 

This is us with DJ's dad, (Pops) and Grandma Dee. I'm going to take a moment here to let y'all know that Grandma Dee is the best hostess ever. She had everything organized and all the food planned and lots pre-cooked, and she ran her house like a well-oiled machine. I'm so thankful that she hosted my entire family and DJ's extended family! His uncle, cousin, and her husband and 4 kids came, as well as DJ's aunt and her daughter, plus my family! She cooked for all of us and made sure we were all relaxed! She's a rockstar. 
And, we got one more picture before we all went in to put on our swimsuits. 

Addy Pearl took a nap and we all did some swimming, boating, and tubing. 
Once Adalyn woke up, I put her in her swimsuit and caked her pale little body with sunscreen. 
We went down to the dock and Meggie insisted on a picture with her little sister.
Then, we got ready for another boat ride!
Gretchen tubed. 
And Adalyn was spoiled by her Gee. 

We had snacks that afternoon and then Grandma Dee cooked dinner, and Adalyn went to bed, and it was time for firework festivities!
Gretchen loved the sparklers.
Megan was not so much having it. She was terrified. Like, shaking and crying and hiding under a blanket. It took us three tries to finally get her in the bed so the rest of us could enjoy the firework show!

We had the best day celebrating our country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment