Yesterday, our baby girl turned 2! This ^ feels like only yesterday, and I'm just not quite sure how in the world she turned 2! I mean, I blinked, and now we have no more babies in our house.
Adalyn was not in our plans, but she was in God's plan, and I am so thankful that His plans are greater than our own. At the time I got pregnant, DJ and I were thinking that maybe one day we'd have another baby, but we knew it would be later down the road. That same month, I got pregnant, and I remember exactly the day that I found out we would be having a third child. My first words out of my mouth, probably weren't very pleasant. I remember something along the lines of "oh, sh*t" and then feeling guilty because it would be even longer for DJ to get his boat. (PS: he still doesn't have a boat!)
But this little girl and the happiness she exudes is so much greater than a boat.
I can't even begin to describe how much she's changed in the past year. For one, she is TALL! Like, I can't believe how tall she is, her legs go on for days, and one day, I'm pretty sure she'll relish in the fact that she is taller than her momma!
Sister also looks just like her daddy! Which is quite hilarious, since the other two are my spitting image. Sometimes I look at her and wonder if I really did give birth to her. Is she even my own?
Homegirl loves to sleep! We put her down around 7:30, (a little later some nights since it's summer) and I have no idea what time she wakes up each morning! She doesn't ever cry when she wakes up, so she just lays in her bed with her toys and does whatever until we finally come and get her. During the school year, we often had to wake her up, but now we find her jumping in her crib when we come in the room around 8:30.
Nap times are the same. She goes down somewhere between 1 and 2, and she's more than content to stay in her bed for at least 2 hours. Sometimes, 3. The other girls would cry and let us know they were awake, but Addy loves the peace and quiet.
Over the last month, she totally skipped shoe sizes. She went from a 4 to a 5 in no time, I bought her a size 6, and those are even a smidge too small! She wears anything from an 18 month to a 2T, because she is tiny! I would guess that she still weighs less than 25 lbs. We'll find out for sure when we head to the doctor later this month.
She loves bows, does not mind a dress, and is now really wanting to wear necklaces!
Girl loves to eat! She can put away more food than Gretchen and Megan combined! She gets angry when you take her food away, but she also loves to feed our dog! She makes sure that Bailey gets her fill at every meal. Addy will eat pretty much anything I set in front of her! She still loves squeeze pouches, applesauce, cheese, yogurt, strawberries, and blueberries. She does not like water. Most always she drinks milk in her sippy cup, but won't drink chocolate milk or plain water.
She does love our dog, Bailey. Again, she feeds her at every meal, but also loves to make sure she has food in her own bowl and out of all the girls, she pays the most attention to our dog. She'll lay on Bailey's bed, or cuddle up next to her.
Her favorite toys are her babies, or Megan's babies! She loves baby dolls and pushing them in the shopping cart or stroller! Her ballet baby is definitely ranked #1 and she takes ballet baby everywhere! Thankfully, my sis in law just bought her two reinforcements, since the original ballet baby seems to get lost a lot!
Her hair is more blonde than brown. It definitely is lighter than her sisters. So is her skin. She burns easily.
She's speaking in 2-3 word sentences, and counts numbers 2 and 3, so long as you say "1" for her.
She's a cuddler. She loves to be held, loves to sit in your lap, and loves to be rocked. She'll ask to "ock" before nap time and bedtime. I usually sing her "the moon song" and "You Are My Sunshine" before saying her prayers (she says "Amen") and laying her down.
She's still rear facing in her carseat, at least in my car. She's already forward facing in DJ's truck. We plan on turning her around in the next month, after our vacations.
She's interested in potty training, and I hope we can tackle that before heading back to school in the fall. She can tell you when she's pooped, and when she's going, but she doesn't always tell us before she has to. I don't think she really has a clue on the whole "pee" thing.
She adores her big sisters! Especially Megan. She is playing with them more, imitating them, and is silly when they are. It's so fun watching these girls learn to love each other.
I want to remember her just like this. In her little dresses, bow to the side, sucking her thumb, and holding on to ballet baby's tags (that are on her bum!)
Happy Birthday Addy Pearl! I'm so glad you're mine!






Awww...happy birthday to your sweet baby!!! It's crazy how fast time flies!
ReplyDelete