We had a great weekend! It's sort of our "end" of the summer since DJ is back to work, and in two weeks, he'll be working every weekend. Hello Football Season. We decided since it was his last weekend off, that we would head to Arkansas to visit his dad (& stepmom) and spend some time on the lake. We haven't been to their house since Memorial Day weekend, and we typically try to go a few times each summer.
DJ spent Friday working a youth football camp, so the girls and I stayed home. I packed Friday morning while Gretchen traded in some of her points (her reward system for chores) for some computer time.
She made her paw-paw proud by researching dogs. My stepdad and brother own a retriever training business in Arkansas. I texted this picture to my stepdad because I knew he would be proud of her!
Later that morning we went to the pool.
We came home for lunch, naps, and more packing.
I shared this photo on Instagram and had lots of questions! I've been packing the girls this way for years and it is the best way to pack for kids! Each girl has their own personalized suitcase. Once I gather their outfits, I place them together with undies and their matching bow, roll everything up, and put it in a large ziploc bag. I squeeze out the air, close the bag, and put it in the suitcase. This way, whenever we get where we're going, the girls just have to grab a bag and they can dress themselves. Someone asked if I wasted a lot of bags this way. The answer is no. When I first started, I went through about a box and a half. When we got home, I placed them back in the suitcase and used them for the next trip. I don't think I've ever had to get more bags. I just put them inside of each other, place them in the suitcase, and pull them out the next time I have to pack. I had someone else ask if the clothes get wrinkled since I roll them. Again, no. I ironed a dress, rolled it up, and it was ready to wear once I took it out of the bag. I will always pack this way, so long as their clothes fit in ziploc bags.
DJ made it home around 5, we loaded up the car and the girls and headed toward Arkansas.
We couldn't have made our third road trip in three weeks without our Stress Away Roll-On.
We stopped in Springfield, and celebrated the birthday boy (DJ turned 35!) on Friday! Since we were heading out of town, I didn't get his traditional ice cream cake, but he did get cheesecake! We decided to eat outside so the girls could burn off their energy from being in the car.
We arrived LATE Friday night and all went straight to bed!
Saturday morning, Megan read me books. It is SO funny to see her act like a little teacher!
After breakfast, we drove over to the marina, so the girls could feed the fish. DJ worked at the marina while he was in high school and we always try to take the girls by when we visit.
Addy Pearl watching the fish and turtles.
All of the girls feeding the fish (and turtles- the turtles ate most of the food!)
Then we headed back to DJ's dad's house and went for a boat ride.
We swam and swam. It was SO hot!
Can you guess what Meggie is doing?
Gretchen tubed!
And we swam some more.
Saturday's fun came to a screeching halt when both Gretchen and I got stung by wasps! Thankfully, she didn't have a reaction, but I'm very allergic and now I have a lovely welp on my thigh.
Sunday morning, the girls played in the sandbox.
And played water hopscotch.
Once DJ and Pops got back from the grocery store, we went swimming and went for another boat ride.
On Sunday, Megan became a little fish. She was afraid of the lake on Saturday since she couldn't touch, but by Sunday, she was well adjusted and confident in her swimming.
Gretchen got brave enough to jump off the back of the boat.
And while I don't have any pictures, I managed to get up on ski's for the second time in my life! DJ skied throughout his childhood and went away to ski camps in the summer. I however, didn't learn to ski until he taught me about 6 years ago. Then, I was either pregnant or had a new baby and didn't ski again until this summer.
We tried to get Gretchen up on ski's, but she's still too terrified.
She said, "God made me to tube!" This girl loves to tube and do tricks.
Boat naps are the best.
Seriously, she could tube all day.
We headed home yesterday and don't really have plans this week. Which turns out to be the best sorts of weeks! Y'all have a great one!












No comments:
Post a Comment