I'm linking up today with Erika and Andrea to for Favorite Things! Today, we're sharing our favorite summer moment!
I had a really hard time choosing my favorite summer moment! The girls and I had way too many, so I chose my top eight favorite moments! I know, eight is totally random, but let's go with it!
Number 1:
We bought a house this summer!!! It totally made for a crazy, hectic, beginning of the summer, but now that we are in. I'm in love. I walk in every day and I love my house. We've managed to own a home in every state we've lived in, but this one is a favorite.
These pictures were taken on the day we closed on our house.
Number 2:
The day that we cut 8 inches off of their hair!
We were able to donate Gretchen's hair for the 2nd time, and Megan's hair for the first time.
Number 3:
Megan's Doc McStuffins themed 4th birthday party. It was the first bash we threw in the new house and it was tons of fun!
Number 4:
Our vacation through Springfield, IL, and then on to Indiana.
We drove through to Springfield and spent the night and then got up the next day to visit the Lincoln Presidential Museum. Gretchen is a history buff and this was right up her alley.
After our morning in Springfield, we drove to Indiana to DJ's mom's and grandparent's house. On the 4th of July, we celebrated at Indiana Beach.
The girls had so much fun riding the rides.
Number 5:
Celebrating Adalyn turning 2 with a visit to and lunch at American Girl Place in Chicago.
We let the big girls pick out an outfit for their dolls, and we bought Adalyn a bitty baby.
And then we headed upstairs for lunch with the girls and their dolls!
Number 6:
Lots of pool days and a few lake days! We swam in our neighborhood pool, at my mom's pool when we visited, and then at the lake when we visited DJ's dad's house!
Swimming is always a favorite summer moment of mine! I could seriously live at the pool.
Number 7:
Gretchen's baptism. As parents, this is a day that we have prayed about and prayed for. Seeing our daughter so giddy over accepting Christ, is something that I will never forget. I wish we all had her giddyness when it came to Christ.
Number 8:
Anytime we had DJ home this summer, was definitely a favorite! He typically gets about 4 weeks off in the summer, but this year, he was at the office almost every day. However, we planned a campout night for the girls, and had tons of fun playing games and making smores!
I'm so sad that summer has come to an end. Summer is definitely my favorite season. The long days, the warm weather, the sun, the pool, getting a tan, having DJ home, vacations, weekends away. It's all pretty darn fabulous!
What are some of your favorite moments from the summer?!?!
And, don't forget, today is the last day to grab Young Living's Premium Starter Kit on sale!!! It's $10.00 off and I'm giving you an extra $10.00 back in your pocket if you order by the end of today! Shoot me an email (elainewelte@gmail.com) or go here, and follow the steps at the bottom of the post! Or, you can simply click here to sign up! (Be sure to choose wholesale member!)







Summer is my favourite season too. What an amazing time you had!!!
ReplyDelete