Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Favorites: Park Edition

Whew! We have survived our first full week of school! This week has been crazy busy, but I have to say, we've managed miraculously well! 

I'm linking up with Erika, Narci, and Andrea for Friday Favorites!

Sunday evening, after we were prepped and ready for the week, the girls and I went on a walk to our little neighborhood park. When we moved in June, we had a requirement for a neighborhood pool, so the park is a nice bonus! It's about a 1/2 mile from our house, so Gretchen rode her scooter and I pushed the little girls in the jogging stroller. 
Addy hit up the swings first.
And Megan too! 

Gretchen insisted on bringing soccer balls, since there's a soccer field in the neighborhood, but instead of playing soccer, the girls used the balls to play basketball.
I love that they have little goals that are the perfect size!
Megan came over dribbling the ball, and right as I went to snap a pic, she dropped it and looked all sad! 
Park time with the girls is my favorite!
Love this big girl!

After playing for about an hour, we headed home, got baths, and put the girls in bed. 

DJ took Adalyn to daycare Monday morning, and I took care of dropping off the big girls. 
Megan fell asleep 5 minutes into our car ride home. She must have had a busy and fun day at PreK!

We came home, had dinner, and I did some cleaning and laundry, and we called it a night. 

Tuesday after school was crazy! I had a meeting from 4-6, Gretchen had ballet at 4:15, and DJ had football. So, I left work early, picked up Megan, and headed to my meeting location. We had a sitter pick up Adalyn from daycare, and then she met me to pick up Gretchen and Megan. She dropped off Gretchen at dance, picked her up, and then after my meeting, I went to her house to pick up all the girls. I'm telling you, it takes a village, and I'm so thankful that we have some amazing babysitters that will help out! 

We picked up dinner, came home for baths, and everyone went straight to bed!
After school on Wednesday, Gretchen and I did a little impromptu speech therapy. Gretchen gets speech 1x per week, and since she goes to my school, we have another SLP from the district come over to see her. I agreed on once a week, because I knew that I could supplement at home. This summer we've been working on her "th" sound, so we played a little "th" board game. 

Once we could leave, we picked up Megan, and then this happened:
She fell asleep again! She was out until we got home and then was a bear when she woke up. 

I had put dinner on before we left for school that morning, so we ate when we got home and Megan finally perked up so we decided to head to the park again. 

Megan was telling me that something was "this big" and showing me with her hands.
The girls did some swinging again.
Yay for park fun!

And, while we were swinging, Gretchen was off trying to find Big Foot and prove that he is real.
After spending an hour at the park, we headed home for bed. I even crashed by 9:30!

Thursday night was another crazy evening. Obviously on our crazy nights, I have no time to stop and think about pictures! I dropped off Gretchen at dance, picked up Megan, dropped her off at gymnastics, and then Gretchen and I picked up Addy, grabbed dinner, picked up Megan, and then came home for baths and bed. 

As soon as DJ got home, I was out the door for a 2 mile run. 
And, just so you know, the Light the Fire sale with Young Living ends on Monday!!! The Premium Starter Kit is $10.00 off through Young Living! And, if you order your PSK before the end of August, I'm going to gift you an extra $10.00 as a thank you! That's a savings of $20.00! If you're thinking about jumping in- DO IT NOW! LOL for real, it took me 9 months to make the decision, and every day I ask myself why it took me so long! If you want to find out more, shoot me an email. 

I hope y'all have a great weekend!!!! I have an oily event tonight, and some sewing to do this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment