Well, my friends, last week ended up being sort of hectic and crazy, so I didn't get my Friday Favorites up! So, today, we're going to review our last week and all of my favorite moments.
Adalyn has learned how to crawl in her bed. She thought she was pretty clever, until she realized she couldn't get herself out. So crawling in her bed was her favorite, not being able to get out = not a favorite. Thankfully, since she can't crawl out, we can keep her in her crib a little bit longer. Although, DJ has been asking me when we're going to be transitioning her in to her toddler bed, so I'm sure at some point before she's three, she'll be in it.
Finding our elves has been Megan's favorite thing to do every morning.
I had the clever idea to hide them in Gretchen's Barbie Dream House. One was sitting on the toilet.
And, the other was "sleeping" in the bed!
The girls thought it was hilarious!
The next day the elves ended up in Megan's Doc McStuffins house and in the Doc Mobile, which Megan thought was equally as clever.
Last Tuesday, Megan had her holiday program at school. I was able to sneak away from work for a little bit, and I was so proud of her for singing all of her songs without being afraid of all of the people. I didn't get any pictures of her during the performance because I was trying to video as much as possible for DJ.
But afterwards, I snuck down to her classroom to give her a big hug and tell her what an awesome job she did!
And, then last week, I shared a few wonderful gift ideas. You know, just in case you still have some shopping to finish up before Christmas!
We had Christmas sweater day at school last Wednesday, and I didn't have anything to wear, so I picked up a shirt from Target, and made myself a deer silhouette shirt.
Meggie picked out the green and white stripe fabric, and I have to say it turned out pretty snazzy if I do say so myself!
Before buying an embroidery machine, I use to do all of my appliques by hand! I'm not quite sure what I was thinking back then, but it's not too hard of a process. I printed out a deer picture, cut it out, pinned it to fabric, added some heat & bond, and then stitched around it.
We woke up Wednesday morning, and I knew that I would have a doozy of a day ahead of me. I had 5 meetings scheduled that day, and I just wanted to get out the door. I let Megan choose her outfit, and then as we got to school, I remembered that it was class picture day! She totally wore her old soccer jersey, leggings, and boots for her class picture! Needless to say, I was pretty mortified when I found out, but on the bright side- this is totally her, and what a great way to remember her preschool days!
On Thursday, DJ and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. He surprised me with roses at work, and then we headed out for a late dinner at Waterfront Grill. We started off the night with their Crab, Avocado, and Mango stack, and then we both had steaks, and finished it off with Creme Brûlée. And then we celebrated really hard by ending our evening with a trip to Wal-Mart.
Last Friday was the girls' Christmas parties at school, so be sure to stop by tomorrow to see all of the pics!













No comments:
Post a Comment