Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sally The Elf & Christmas Trees

Our Elf on the Shelf showed up this weekend. Ah, what were we thinking years ago when we decided this would be a fun tradition to start? Probably the same thing you were thinking! Let's be honest, we all hate moving the elf around, but seeing the excitement on the girls every single morning, makes it 1,000% worth the pain of being creative and crawling out of bed every night to move the elf. 

Megan and Gretchen are loving the elf this year! I'm not sure Adalyn really gets it yet, but she has loved when he brings the girls treats and candy! 
When we got back from my mom's this past weekend, our elf was ready and waiting! Sally, our elf, usually shows up the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We're always gone on our Branson trip, and when we get home, our elf is here. 

This year, our elf used m&m's to surprise the girls, and brought them peanut butter cup trees. 

The girls were really excited! I think Addy ate all of the m&m's before diving in to the peanut butter cups. 
Our elf also brought back "Reindeer Poop". Megan thought it was hilarious and kept saying "poop" all morning long. The girls totally knew the 'poop' was just chocolate chips, and when they came home from school, they decided to dig in and eat the 'poop'. 
The next night, Sally just hung out with baby Jesus. 

DJ and I try to mix up the elf festivities- we get creative some nights and then we get lazy other nights. I've blogged about some of our elf adventures from the previous years- you can check them out here

I also have a ton of ideas on my Pinterest board, so you can check them out here:

Megan and I took a sick day on Tuesday, so we spent the afternoon, putting the girls Christmas trees in their bedrooms. 
Addy's tree is white with multi-colored lights. I added a touch of pink deco-mesh, purple beads, and tons of fun colored ornaments. 
She was mesmerized by her lights the first night and wanted to keep her tree on all night. 
We've had Megan's tree for years, and it was time for a re-do. I took off all of the deco-mesh and added new pink and gold mesh. We replaced several ornaments and added a pink "Charlie Brown" type tree as well. I bought each of the girls a "Charlie Brown" tree last year after Christmas, but since my mom gave us the white tree, we ended up with a plethora of trees for the girls! So, Megan and Gretchen each have two trees in their room, while Adalyn just has the one. 
Megan was really proud of her trees and asked to have her picture taken with them. 

We plan on getting our big tree decorated this weekend, which is a tradition that I always look forward to!

Have a great one friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment