Monday, December 14, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up: Holiday Edition

How can Monday be here already? This weekend flew by! But, we're on the countdown of finishing up school this week and then heading out for our bowl game! This month is turning out to be one of the busiest ones yet!
Friday morning, the little girls had pajama/Polar Express day at their schools. This was the first time that Adalyn actually agreed to wear her pj's to school, any other time they've had a pajama day she's flat out refused!
Monkey see, Monkey do. 
Megan's preschool totally themed up the Polar Express day. There was a little train, and a ticket booth. 
Megan had her ticket punched and then was able to watch the movie in her class. The girls pretended to punch the ticket again after school. 
And then she passed out on the way home! 

I picked up pizza and the girls and I ate while we waited for DJ to get home. Once he did, we surprised them with a trip to Rhema to visit the lights. 
Each year we've drove through the lights at Rhema, but we've never gotten out to walk through them. The girls were just too little and it was too cold. Last week, our highs were in the 60s and I think it even got up to 70 on Friday! So, it was the perfect time for us to head out. 
Unfortunately, everyone else in Tulsa agreed that Friday was the perfect night as well, and it was pretty much shoulder to shoulder the entire time. I figured that Adalyn would want to walk and run, but she insisted on being held the entire time. 
Gretchen and the lights.
And Adalyn peeking out the sleeping ducks. 
I attempted a selfie with both girls, but Gretchen was just not in the mood. She was not happy that we told her she couldn't have hot chocolate or popcorn.
I mean, she was just miserable once we told her she couldn't have a snack. 
And before we left, we took a family selfie. 
Walking to the car with Addy Pearl, we had to take one more picture. 
And as soon as we got home, I snapped her picture and she somewhat cooperated by standing still. We still need to work on her actually looking at the camera. 
And then it was bedtime, and Adalyn insisted on sleeping with about 10 of her baby dolls. 

Saturday morning, DJ left for football practice and I picked up the house while the girls cleaned their rooms. We headed to the grocery store and then came home to get ready for our Holiday Open House. I had planned a fun afternoon of my favorite people that have small businesses and an opportunity for our friends to come out and shop for any last minute Christmas gifts. We had a canned food drive, giveaways, and everyone was able to make a bath salt soak using essential oils. 
I had lavender and peace and calming oils set out for guests to use for their bath salts, and then other Young Living oils and products available. 
My friend, Alissa, with Stella and Dot was there. 
And my friend Carmen, with Younique. 

My friend Sarah was there too with Thirty-One products. She has a group page that she features sales and specials on. You can request to join here
The bath salts were a hit! And super festive. 

The guests went home and our friend Carmen, her husband, and their daughter stayed and chatted for a while. After they left, we found Megan passed out on the sofa. 
She had her peace & calming bath salts that she made beside her, and obviously they seeped through the jar and made her fall fast asleep! DJ carried her upstairs and she slept in her dress!

Then we settled in to watch Vacation, which was super funny!
Sunday morning, we tried our best to make it to early service, and failed epically. We ended up making it to the 11:00 service, and while DJ got the car for us (it was raining) I attempted a picture of all of the girls. And I had another epic fail. 
I mean, mama tried. 
I wore my sparkle stud earrings on Sunday and had to share them! They're available through Stella & Dot and would be the perfect teacher gift or gift for your mom or sister!
Megan and I spent the afternoon working on our teacher gifts. I'll be sharing more about our DIY gifts later this week!
And Adalyn woke up, a little more ready for a photo shoot! I mean, this is a huge improvement from the pictures above!
Well, for a short time anyway. 

This is going to forever be known as her "make a silly face anytime I take a picture" stage.
And I finished the night off with a peppermint brownie, which was delicious!

And, before you go, just an FYI: if you're on Instagram, you can keep up with all of our Christmas fun using #weltechristmas and for gift ideas and holiday guides use #hpachristmas

Have a great Monday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment