A few weeks ago, I realized that I never finished our home tour after we moved in to our new house. I mean, I started, I managed to get through a few rooms, and then poof. I was done. Probably because my house wasn't clean enough when/if I remembered to take pictures. And partly, because there are a few projects that we are still trying to complete.
Adalyn's room is definitely the last room that we will probably touch in the house. When we moved in, I knew right away that we wanted to paint Gretchen and Megan's bedroom. But, Adalyn was still in her crib and we were not ready to move her in to her big girl bed. (She was about to turn two.) I decided that we would keep her nursery the same as it was in our previous house and when she transitions to her big girl bed, we will then move forward with re-painting.
So, this is her little room. This is the view when you look in the door. Her crib has made it through both of her big sisters and her cousins before that.
My stepfather bought the rocking horse for Gretchen and it's been in all of the girls nurseries.
He also made the doll bed for Adalyn and gave it to her for Christmas.
Her bed.
Yes, she is still sleeping in her crib at 2 1/2 years old. She knows how to crawl in, but as of right now, she doesn't try to climb out. I plan on leaving her in the crib until spring break or this summer and then we will transition her to the big girl bed. To be honest, I'm not ready for her to sneak out of her room at night and down the stairs, or for early morning wake up calls.
And, the other side. We did remove the bumper pads along the sides and back because she was untying them, but she doesn't mess with the one on the front.
Across from her crib is her distress dresser, rocking chair, and her little book table.
We found all of the frames from the River City Trading Post in Jenks.
My sweet friend, Kelly painted her the princess verse, and the rose corsage is one I wore at a baby shower. Her one year portrait is my favorite because she's loving on her favorite ballet baby.
This dress is hanging on her gallery wall. It was my dress when I was little, and I attached a diaper pin that belonged to my grandfather.
Her nightstand holds little books, toys, and more one year portraits.
Her little toy nook is a disaster! Ha! I'm trying to weed out the toys that our "infant/early toddler" but also thinking that maybe there's a chance she might play with them still. Although, she rarely plays in her bedroom. She much prefers her big sisters toys. This spring, I'll slowly start the process of purging more toys.
Her doll bed that my stepfather made her. We still need to put the final coat of paint on it, which I'll probably do when the weather warms up, so I can paint it outside. My mom made the bedding.
And finally, her basket of crochet blankets. Some of them were mine when I was a baby, and some of them were handmade by friends and given as gifts.
As far as her big girl room, right now I'm thinking of painting the bedroom a soft pink or a yellow color. I'm leaning toward re-using the quilt that Megan had in our old house, and continuing the shabby theme in her bedroom. We have a Jenny Lind bed that we plan on using for her big girl bed. Whenever that transition is made, there will be an update on the blog.
You can see all of the Home Tour:










No comments:
Post a Comment