Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday Favorites

So, I was going to blog last Friday, but life got in the way and I didn't :) And, I'm not even that sorry about it, except that I'll be blogging a lot this week to play catch up!  

Since, I usually blog our Friday Favorites on Friday, I'll be blogging our Monday Favorites today. 

Last Monday morning, Megan asked me to fix her hair in three different pony tails at her neck. I had no idea what she was talking about, because her 5 year old self, wasn't explaining it all that well. After some mis communication. I literally thought she wanted three pony tails, rather than one, or even two..... I realized that she wanted her hair like this: 
Apparently, it's how you wear your hair when you're in kindergarten and all of her friends were doing it. 

Adalyn had a "teddy bear clinic" at her school last week. Each child brought their favorite teddy bear or stuffed toy, and then went through several stations to give their teddy bear a check up. 
Addy brought her big ballet baby instead! She listened to it's heart beat, gave it a band aid, took an x-ray of her baby, and brushed her baby's teeth. Giving her baby a check up was her favorite part of school last week! 
And then they went outside to play! And look out how cute she is laying in the tunnel on their playground! 
The big girls and I started our fall break on Wednesday. Addy's daycare was still open, so DJ took her to daycare, and the big girls and I stayed home and sorted through toys. We threw things away, we were able to donate a huge box of toys to Addy's preschool, and we have a huge box of toys we are going to try to sell. Whatever doesn't sell, we will donate. The girls were big helpers and it took all day for us to go through Gretchen's room and Megan's room. While we were cleaning, Megan found Gretchen's basketball trophy and wanted me to take her picture! 

I still have to go through our upstairs game closet, and our downstairs cabinets so we can finish cleaning out the clutter, and it's going to be a job. Plus, I need to sort like toys, so they're more likely to resell, and make sure that they're working with batteries. I mean, I have a lot to look forward to. 
After spending the day cleaning, we picked up Adalyn and headed to the football offices, so we could see the painted street. Last week was homecoming, and every year, the students paint the street in front of the football field. Over time, the paint fades away, and the girls and I have never seen the paintings upclose before they begin to fade. The student's painted on Tuesday night, and then right before we came up, it rained super hard! And, pretty much everything was washed away. 
This was the only painting that survived the rain! 

Since DJ was finished with practice, we went to eat dinner, and then had ice cream when we got home! 
Ice cream is definitely a favorite!!! Since the girls had been such big helpers cleaning their rooms, I had promised they could have ice cream! I just didn't realize that they'd be eating it at bedtime! Thankfully, we didn't have school on Thursday, so the ice cream and late bed time didn't hurt them! 
Thursday night, I packed up my Young Living stuff & all of my oils, and headed to a night market at the university. As a part of homecoming, they set up a night market, and all of the proceeds benefited our local united way! I was more than happy to be there and share! 
The Active & Fit kit is a new favorite! I bought it for DJ because he has been running more, and i'm not going to lie- I've been using the cool azul sports gel for myself! 
And, I brought the ART skincare system that Young Living has. I absolutely love it because I know that it's natural and safe for my skin! Plus, it's crazy affordable for a 3-step system! The moisturizer is hands down my favorite. It leaves your skin feeling so silky soft! 
DJ came by after practice and stayed with me until the event was over. We walked by the library, and then turned to look out on the skyline. 
And that's it! A little peek in to our favorites from last week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment