While the girls and I were on Fall Break last week, we headed to the pumpkin patch! This trip was probably my most favorite pumpkin patch trip of all time! All of the girls were old enough to enjoy all of the activities, and honestly, they were just so well behaved the entire time we were there! Their behavior was most likely exceptional, because their daddy threatened them that we would immediately go home without any pumpkins if they misbehaved!
The only downfall is that DJ couldn't join us this year. His bye weekend for football was earlier in October, and we didn't want our pumpkins sitting out so long before carving them. So, it was just the girls and me.
Addy Pearl was ready and excited!
Once we arrived, I let the girls head over to see the animals under the tent, and I bought tickets for all of the activities.
Baby pigs, goats, and turtles! Seriously, all of the animals are so cute, and it made me want to buy land and live on a farm.
Hey there, Gretchen!
We headed for the pony rides first! Usually the line is super long, but as soon as we walked out of the tent, no one was waiting, so we rushed over.
Gretchen's favorite part of the pumpkin patch has always been the horse rides!
Adalyn LOVES horses. I mean, her room is decorated with horses, and she asks to drive by the horses on our way home from school each day. However, she did not want to get on the horse! In fact, when the lady tried to put her on, she began to scream and kick. I pulled her off, and told her that she could not kick the horse because the horse would get scared and could hurt her. I also asked if I could walk beside her. After two times around, she was comfortable enough for me to stand to the side.
After the horse rides, we went to feed the animals. First up, the llamas.
And then the goats! The girls all asked for a goat, and I told them to ask their Gee and Papaw! I also let them know that their Uncle Matthew also had a goat while we were growing up!
Usually the girls are timid when it comes to feeding the animals, but they were not this year!
Addy even let the animals eat from her hand.
I mean, doesn't this make you want to own some animals?
She was going to give the goat a kiss!
Once our bags of food were gone, we washed hands, and waited for the hay ride.
Meggie was fascinated by the scarecrows out in the field!
Once the hay ride was over, we went through the barn maze, and then went to pick out our pumpkins.
Gretchen found a "pumpkin hat."
Meggie with a scarecrow. She was seriously so excited!
Every year, I try to get a picture of the girls on the pumpkins, and every year I fail.
Since Addy Pearl wasn't in to it, I tried with just the big girls and still failed.
#mommatried
It took a sweet forever, but each girl found a pumpkin, and then we went to pay.
And on the way out, I had big helpers. Gretchen was holding Addy Pearl,
and Meggie was pushing the wagon.
We were exhausted from all of the pumpkin patch fun, so we headed to CFA for lunch!
And my friends, if you don't know this little secret about CFA, you should. At the end of your meal, you can take back to the toy that they give you in the kids meal and trade it in for ice cream!!! I opted for ice cream in a cup, but they'll also give it to you in a cone! They even put sprinkles on top!
And for our other Pumpkin Patch Trips:



































Fun times
ReplyDelete