Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Ready or Not.... It's Football Season

If you weren't already aware, college football season started last week! Lots of teams kicked off Thursday night, and our TU Hurricane were one of them. 
I've been in denial that the season was starting, so late Wednesday night, I broke out a few of our football decorations. 
I had professional development day Thursday, and wore my Game Day shirt from Shop Tailgate. It's perfect for TU game days! And psst, you can grab your own in your team colors and save 10% by using the code ELAINEW.
I also sported my Rustic Cuff bracelets. 
After work, I headed home to pick up my parents and the girls. Our first game was in Stillwater, which meant a little drive for us to get over there. Once, we arrived and found our seats, Gretchen and I hit up the concessions for food. 
While I was cheering on our boys in blue, the girls were happy with their ipads. 

Earlier in the season, I had not planned to take them to this game. It would've been a school night, had the kids not been out for teacher development, and they're not use to sitting in the stands, plus the amount of people. Since my parents were there, I knew I would have help, and they couldn't have done better! We typically sit inside in the family suite for home games, but I'm determined to make it outside for part of our games this year! Even if I have to bring along their ipads to entertain them so I can watch the game. 
We loved cheering on our team. 
And being a bit silly when the game got depressing. 
Eventually the stands began to clear, as OSU was winning, but we stay until the end. Megan had fun showing off her splits to the cheerleaders that were sitting around us. 
And eventually the girls started to explore a bit. 
After the game, we headed down to the locker room so we could give DJ a squeeze. It's always great to see him whether we win or loose and just show him some love. 
My cousin is working for the team this year, so he came out too! 
The girls are big fans of their cousin! 

This weekend we kick off at home, and we're looking forward to a W! 

No comments:

Post a Comment