Wednesday, October 4, 2017

3 Things

I always like to be able to look back and remember just what the girls are in to right now. They grow up so fast, and they're constantly changing. Sometimes, I want to bottle them up. Sadly, babies don't keep, but I can always look back and remember just how they are, right this very moment.

Addy Pearl

1. Right now, she's in to "fake napping". She pretends to fall asleep in the car, and I have to "wake her up" when we get home. I think if she'd pretend a little sooner, she'd actually fall asleep, but she usually waits until we are pulling in to our neighborhood. 
2. She is loving school, but this week she's pretending that she doesn't want me to leave when I drop her off. She tells me that she plays with Tatum every day, and she loves the coloring center. Her favorite thing during after-care is the trampoline. 
3. She loves her big sister, Megan. She wants to do everything with Megan. They watch You Tube together, play babies together, play school. And they pretty much sleep in the same bed each night. She totally plays off Megan, which means if Megan is acting silly, Adalyn is going to be right beside her. 

Megan Claire

1. Megan is in to all things gymnastics. She has taught herself how to do the splits, and will do them anywhere anytime. She especially loves showing her friends all of her gymnastic skills at recess. Handstands, cartwheels, splits. She loves to show off. 
2. She has mastered all of her sight word list A, and has a handful of words on list B. She is loving reading (although she doesn't read as often as her big sister- she'd much prefer to play.) But, she wants to read every night when we tuck her in. Right now, her favorite book has been Wacky Wednesday. 
3. She can throw a tantrum like a boss. She can go from happy to angry in .5 seconds and those tantrums are epic. She yells and screams and crys, and will just react. They're not a daily occurance, but man, can she be emotional. She's also an epic negotiator. So, if she wants something, she's going to negotiate and find a way to get it. 

Gretchen Rose

1. Her nose is in a book 24/7. This hasn't changed, and I don't anticipate it changing anytime soon. She's more interested in books than t.v. or anything else. 
2. She's a helper. She is becoming more and more helpful and not complaining as often when I ask for her help. 
3. She's a dreamer. She wants to do so many things and unfortunately, we can't do them all. She wants to start a business, learn how to bake and cook, be an actress, go to church every Wednesday, make bracelets (& sell them) and I always feel so bad because there are not enough hours in the day. She has goals, and I know that one day they're going to take her somewhere big. 

These girls are my world. They teach me something every single day, and right now, I want to bottle them up, lock them inside, and keep them safe from the hate in the world. But, we're working hard to teach them to love others despite differences, to be kind, and to always trust in God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment