Tuesday, November 14, 2017

STEAM Night & Veteran's Day!

We're halfway through November, and I'm just gawking at how fast time is flying by! I was hoping that we would be able to slow down in November, but we're full steam ahead and I feel like I'm always playing catch up and trying to multi-task, but that's pretty typical for us during Football season, and we're counting down that we only have two games left and our season is done!
Every Sunday, we have our John Wesley picture taken! It cracks me up but the girls insist. I'm sure we get some strange looks from our fellow church goers as they're leaving. 
I shared this diffuser combination on my Instastories, and it's still my Fall favorite! I've been diffusing this non stop! You'd never miss a burning candle at my house, when I have this in the diffuser. 
I say it all the time, but having the girls at school with me is a favorite. I have kindergarten and 1st grade recess duty, so I always see Megan on the playground. She'll come sit with me when she's freezing cold, or even when she has her feelings hurt. But, on this day, it was freezing, so she bundled up next to me. And yes, that's a bull horn, because it's better than straining your voice :/
Last week, we received a letter from my niece who is serving in the Navy and is stationed in Hawaii #luckygirl. The girls loved getting their letter and a few pictures! 
We had STEAM night at our elementary school last week. STEAM stands for science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. The PTA organized the event, and it was wonderful! 
There was a photo booth. 

And face painting. 
And little electronic robots, math games, painting, and more! The kids had tons of fun and Gretchen was begging the PTA members to put on another STEAM night before we left! 
Also, hair critters are making their way around school again. I shared this last week too on Instagram, but it's my favorite little trick from keeping our hair bug free! You can check out this post for more tips and how we dealt with hair bugs previously. (And thankfully, we haven't had to deal with them again.)
Last week, Megan insisted on eating lunch with me. So, she came to my office and ate while I did some work. 
We celebrated Veteran's Day at school last week. We're so thankful for DJ's dad who served in the airforce! 
And my niece, who's currently serving!!!

Thank you to our Veteran's, our active duty, and their families!!!! We so love and appreciate all you do for our country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment