We're just a few days away from Christmas, and we're trying to soak up every bit that we can. Family time, slow time, and just being together. We actually haven't "Christmassed" as much as we have in years past, but I can't tell you enough how wonderful it's been to slow down and just be together.
We've had family game night, and the girls have all been getting along so well together! It makes my heart happy to see them playing and being friends. I know they'll be so close when they're older, and I love being able to watch their relationship grow.
We went to church and snapped our weekly John Wesley picture.
And then stayed up past bedtime to bake chocolate chip cookies.
and enjoy them warm before going to bed!
Gretchen had a research project due, and she worked several nights on it and even woke up super early one morning to finish it! She loves doing research and projects for school, and she is so not a procrastinator like her parents! DJ and I were both laughing because we have no idea where this personality came from.
Why not climb on the counter for a drink.
And when one sister does it, the other has to join in :)
I have recess duty every day at school, and last week, a little girl ran over to me letting me know that Megan was crying. I went over and found her at the top of the ladder too scared to move. So, I snapped a photo, because let's be honest, it was kind of funny. And then I helped her down and gave her lots of love. She even ate lunch in my office afterwards.
Gretchen and I ran to Target one evening last week, and she was such a big helper. We had to pick up some last minute Christmas things, and I really enjoyed having some one on one time with her.
This photo happened upon Facebook this week- can you guess who the baby is?!
That's me! Apparently, the preacher's son (who I don't remember because I was obviously a baby) had shared some photos of our church, and someone tagged me thinking it was me. And they were pretty good at guessing because it is me! I have such fond memories of my childhood church, and even rocked babies in that exact same room when I was old enough to help out in the nursery.
And this past weekend, DJ and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. He surprised me with a dozen roses at work last week!
Whew! That's a little bit of life and what we've been up to :)











No comments:
Post a Comment