Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas Weekend Fun

Last weekend, my parents drove up for some Christmas weekend fun! They arrived Friday evening, and after a quick gym work out for me Saturday morning (and work for DJ), we split up and went to the movies in the afternoon. The boys headed to see Star Wars, and the girls headed to see The Star. 
The Star is the cutest little Christmas movie! I'm sure it will become as iconic as Home Alone and Elf, and be a must watch every Christmas season. 
The characters were the cutest and we loved that it told the story of Jesus' birth. 
We were big fans! 
After the movie, we headed home and made chocolate covered potato chips! I know, they sound strange, but they're SO good! I've been making them each Christmas since I was a little girl, and they're definitely a Christmas staple.
And the girls did a great job making them! 
I set them each up a little station, which kept it super clean, and I was happy! (I tend to put off things like this because I'm a neat freak.) But, it was a quick and easy clean up! 
Once the girls were done, they went outside to play, and I got to work making gifts for my co-workers.
I made a Coconut-Lime Sugar Scrub. 
And a Peppermint Foot Soak. 
Eventually, the girls came inside and played the most epic hide and seek game ever. Gretchen was hiding under the guest bathroom sink for at least 20 minutes before I finally had to give the girls clues to find her! 

On Sunday, we opened presents and had the best family time........ (stay tuned for that post tomorrow)!

1 comment:

  1. Your sister makes those chips for me every year. Delicious

    ReplyDelete