This past weekend, we celebrated Megan turning 7!!!
Her actual birthday is this week, but we chose to celebrate a little early due to Memorial Day weekend, the end of the school year, but mostly, because daddy was out of town!
Megan's big present this year was our trip to Dallas and the American Girl store, but we thought she could have a few friends from school spend the night!
I picked up a few decorations from Target and set the dining room table.
I used a few party decorations that I had for the table as well.
On the window, I hung a fabric banner that I made for Megan's first birthday, and hung a gigantic 7 balloon.
We kept party favors super simple, and put them in these gift bags.
Each girl received a notebook and lip gloss.
At recess on Friday, these girls were excited for their sleepover!
We asked them to arrive around 6, which gave us plenty of time to pick up doughnuts after school and order pizza.
The girls ate pizza, wore their crowns, and played games until it was time for pizza.
After pizza, they played outside and then we opened presents!
I didn't take any pictures while she was opening presents, just video.
After presents, we had cupcakes!
And they were very, very yummy!
Her friends are just the sweetest!
We let Gretchen have a friend spend the night too, and these girls were a huge help!
They even put on a magic show for the girls!
Around 9, I tried to settle the girls down to watch a movie. They chose Wonder, and I was secretly hoping they'd all crash. But.... that didn't happen. Finally, at 11, I let them know it was bedtime, and around 12:10, I went out one more time and told them they had to go to sleep! Megan says that a few of them were up until 1 and even 2, but they were piled in the living room, and I didn't hear a peep after I went out after 12.
By 7 am, they were awake and it was time for doughnuts.
The girls had a ton of fun!
They all went home by 11, and we spent the rest of the day recovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment