We had a busy weekend, as we were off on a few adventures! Today, I'm sharing a little weekend wrap up of all of our fun.
First up, Addy Pearl had career day at school last week. She decided she wanted to be a cheerleader when she grows up.
Thursday night, Megan had gymnastics, so I hung out with these two. They watched a movie, ate popcorn, and had a smoothie for dinner.
When we got home from school Friday, we loaded up the car, and headed to DJ's parents house in Arkansas. We got there super late, and Addy didn't want to change out of her pj's. She was sound asleep when she arrived. So, on Saturday morning, she was still wearing her doughnut dress, because Friday was Dancing & Doughnut day at preschool.
After breakfast, DJ and his dad did some work around the house, Grandma Dee watched the girls, and I headed down to the park, beside the river, and ran.
DJ's parents live in a quaint retirement town with the Spring River running right through it. Lots of people float the river in the spring and summer, but, the river was quiet, and I've sworn off floating the river, because last time there was a huge snake swimming right beside our canoe. (I almost tipped it)
After my run, I decided to sit down near a little stream to read my devotional.
I came back to all the girls outside helping Grandma Dee plant flowers. Gretchen took a break to sit and enjoy the view.
And Megan was content to dig in the dirt.
The guys smoked a ham outside and roasted potatoes on the open fire.
Once all of the flowers were planted, the girls found the perfect spot for them.
I spent most of the afternoon reading, and eventually took a nap :)
When I woke up, the girls were playing in the lake.
It started as a "rinse your hands off in the lake" and eventually, they were wading in it.
Grandma Dee got out the nets, and the girls tried to catch little fish.
We finally went inside to eat dinner, get baths, and settled in to watch The Greatest Showman.
We left after breakfast on Sunday morning, and had a surprise in store for the girls!
My brother and sister in law, had headed to Branson on Saturday, and Branson is sort of on our way home, so we stopped too.
We met them at Grandfather's Mansion and explored the wacky mirrors and tested our balance.
After Grandfather's Mansion, we hit up the flooded mine.
And then we let the girls pick out a few rides to enjoy.
The hot air balloons are always on their list!
We only spent a few hours there, so after riding the hot air balloons, we let each of the girls pick out two more quick rides. Megan chose the fireman's ladder, that drops takes you up and down.
Around 4, we treated ourselves to ice cream.
And, then called it a day before heading home.
We bought season passes for the year, so we didn't feel bad just stopping for a few hours. The girls had tons of fun, and other than the ice cream, we didn't have to spend any money! It was the perfect amount of time to have some fun, and the girls were pumped to see their Yaya!
No comments:
Post a Comment