Monday, June 17, 2019

Camp Gee Week

Last weekend, DJ and I drove north and met my parents and dropped the girls off so they could spend a week at my parents house. But first, we spent a fun Saturday with them. 
I took the girls to the pool and packed a lunch for them. 
They snacked, I read, they swam, I tanned. 
Once it got dark, we made a campfire and roasted s'mores. It's a Summer tradition for us, and the girls look forward to it every year. 
They had baths, and then we had a fire. It ended up being a late night for us. 
We're planning on taking these girls camping next year, so I'm sure there will be lots of late night pj's and s'mores in our future! 


On Sunday, we woke up and headed to meet my parents. We found a half way point and met just in time for lunch. 
And how fun is this longhorn smoker! 
The girls made it to my mom's and kicked off their week with swimming and watermelon. 
I kicked off my week with a few hours of quiet time at the pool. 
My mom made each of the girls a "Camp Gee" shirt and took them to pick blueberries at a local farm. 


There were even baby goats! 
The girls made jam with the blueberries they picked. 
They had water balloon and silly string fights. 
I can't believe how fast this girl is growing up. 
These cousins always have the best time when they're together. 
While the girls were away, DJ and I went to see Rocketman, had dinner out, and then ended our week with dinner out with DJ's uncle who was in town. 
Then we walked down to the cupcake ATM at Sprinkles. 

It was the yummiest! 
Saturday afternoon, I drove to bring these girlies home and our house has already been full of loud girls tearing up the playroom! 

We're so glad they're home! 






No comments:

Post a Comment