Last weekend we celebrated TWO birthday parties!
Megan's birthday was Memorial Day weekend and Adalyn's birthday isn't until July, but we decided to kill two birds with one stone, and it may have been the smartest thing ever! Having a Summer birthday myself, I knew that it would be super hard to get in touch with Addy's school friends, so Megan agreed that she would share her party with Adalyn, and we invited friends from both of their classes, football, and gymnastics. Thankfully, they both agreed on a mermaid theme, so we ran with that!
I ordered cupcakes from our local grocery store, and my talented momma made the mermaid tails and shells!
She also made each of the girls a special cupcake topper just for them!
Target came through with the decorations! I picked up a helium tank and balloons and we quickly blew them up the morning of the party. Also, how cute is that mermaid balloon!
I found crinkle paper on sale, so I bought a few packages, and put the balloon weight down in the middle and added a little paper shell.
We opted for just cupcakes and juice boxes, so we didn't need much.
We hosted the party at the girls gymnastics studio. We just thought this would be easy and fun, even with a mermaid theme! We had talked about having the party at an indoor water park, but the girls were pumped to have it at gymnastics.
Plus, they were able to show off their skills!
We opted for open play rather than having a bounce house or obstacle course and the kids had a blast!
Rope climbing and the foam pit were everyone's favorites!
At the end of the party, everyone jumped in the foam pit for a few pictures!
Then, we headed out to sing Happy Birthday to Megan....
and to Adalyn.
Our 8 year old with her balloons.
We brought all of the presents home with us to open, which we've never done before, but I really liked doing it. It was just less chaotic and we could see what the girls were receiving without kids crowding the space.
The girls were thrilled with their presents!
They were so blessed with lots of fun, new toys!
We are so thankful to all of our new friends that came out to celebrate these girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment