Last week, I needed to keep the girls entertained! They were going stir crazy, so I sent them upstairs and hoped on Pinterest for some quick activities. I found some cute Rainbow themed crafts, and we had all of the supplies so I went with it.
It was about lunch time, so I fixed them a quick "rainbow" lunch and called them downstairs with "Here Comes the Sun" playing.
Their rainbow lunch consisted of cherry tomatoes (red), bell peppers (yellow/orange), cucumbers (green), a cottage cheese cloud, mac & cheese (more yellow) and some lunch meat.
After lunch, I introduced the girls to their activities. First up, rainbow salt painting.
The girls had to use paintbrushes and glue to paint on rainbows (you can totally use bottled glue, our bottle just wouldn't squeeze out).
Then, sprinkle salt all over the glue. We were able to shake off the excess like you would with glitter.
I let their paintings dry.
Then, we got out the water colors, and they painted their rainbows.
For our next activity, the girls drew clouds on white paper and cut them out.
Then, they cut out strips of paper in each color of the rainbow.
We glued the paper to the clouds.
Then, we drew faces on the clouds.
Their rainbows turned out so cute! I told the girls to hang them in their bedroom windows so when people were outside, they could see them and they'd brighten their day!
Gretchen ended up taking all of the leftover paper, and cutting the tiniest strips out of them. She looped them all together and made a two story chain! It was pooling on our floor (you just can't see it in the photo)..... I had told all of the girls to make loops... Megan made hers, but Addy wasn't interested- we had planned to connect all of the loops and hang them in the playroom.
If you do any of these activities, I'd love for you to tag me on Instagram (@ewelte_hap) so I can share them!

No comments:
Post a Comment