Friday, February 12, 2021

Friday Favorites: Hiking & Homeschool.

Happy Friday! 
I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea for Friday Favorites. 

In true Friday fashion, I have a random list of favorites for y'all today. 
First up, I found Megan on the table doing her school work. I love that she has the flexibility to complete her schoolwork wherever she wants; this girl is all over the place and isn't readily confined to a chair. I've found her doing school work on my bed, the stairs, the trampoline, our kitchen counters, and now the kitchen table. Homeschooling is so flexible, and it's definitely been a favorite part of our year. 
This breakfast shake is a favorite for when I'm running late or when I don't feel like food. I throw 1 scoop of Young Living protein powder, 1 scoop collagen peptides, 1 scoop PB2, and 1 scoop chia seeds with ice and water, blend, and I'm ready to go! Plus, it keeps me so full all morning! 
A few weekends ago, we drove to Lampasas for a day trip and went hiking. The weather was gorgeous and it was so nice to get out of the house. 

On our hike we found rocks and tried to identify what type they were. 
The girls also found a little waterfall and snuck over to the middle of it. 
There were books on one trail, so Adalyn would stop and read while we hiked. 
We spent a few hours at the park and hiking, and then headed in to downtown for good 'ol Texas BBQ.
 
Gretchen had a gift card to Barns & Noble from her birthday, so we stopped there last Tuesday and spent some time reading their books. 
We have shelves full of books of home but they're never interested in what we already have. Sigh. This was a fun way to get them reading though and we'll have to take more field trips to the bookstore!
And finally, Adalyn finished up our favorite handwriting curriculum and is moving on to cursive! 

Whew! That wraps up our Favorites from the week! Follow along on Instagram for more daily fun from our family and Happy Valentine's Day!!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment