October for us has been full of family visits and football games.
We played OU at the Red River Rivalry a few weeks ago. This year I was determined not to go, because the last 3 years, the 2 times I've gone, we lost the game. So, I was hoping I would bring our team some luck by staying home. Seeing the pre-game predictions for the 'horns made me hopeful. We watched the game at home on the sofa, and I was happy to be on my cozy sofa instead of in the crowd. Unfortunately, we ended up falling behind in the 2nd half, which means, I'm not the cause of our luck, and I'll go the game next year- ha!
My parents came down for the weekend of the Texas/OU game, and after the game we headed to the park. The weather was gorgeous. I love having my mom here and chatting with her.
And I swear we don't get a lot of pictures when we're together, so I made sure we had a new one.
Sunday night was football dinner, and my parents were able to join us.
The girls played on the field and we showed my parents around the new facilities.
The week went really fast and the following weekend, Nana was in town. We somehow made it to the game early enough to walk down Bevo Blvd and take in some pregame fun.
Adalyn was too excited to get her picture with this gigantic inflatable Bevo.
And too excited to cheer in the stands. This girl is our biggest fan. The only Welte girl that really cares about football. She is a lifer. Her big sisters eventually made their way inside to watch Disney in daddy's office. But, Adalyn stuck it out the entire time.
We played OSU, and gah, lost it in the 4th quarter. It was quiet a stressful game, and I'm never happy when it gets close like that. I yell and scream and shout and things get a little tense. Ha! But, the end is still my favorite part, because that's when the girls get to run on the field and hug their daddy's neck.
Nana and I had to get our picture made too. We are so thankful she was able to come down and take in a game with us.
And Sunday morning, we had an extra family member with us at church. Her sweet momma is a good friend of mine, and she just had a baby, so we took big sis off her hands for the night! The girls had a blast playing with each other!
It sure has been a fun two weekends of family and football for us! This weekend we are heading in to a bye week, and who knows what we have planned (because we keep changing our minds and can't decide) but we do know that DJ will be home and we are so grateful for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment