Monday, October 4, 2021

Let's Cook: Mini Meatloaf

Ii am not a big cook, especially during football season, but, every once in a while I surprise myself and whip something up for dinner. 

Last week, Adalyn and I made mini-meatloaf for dinner, and I thought I'd share my recipe with y'all! 
Except, it's not a true recipe because I don't measure anything. I'm sorry.

What You'll Need:
1 lb Ground Beef
1 egg
Almond Crackers (because I wanted it to be gluten free) but you can use Saltine crackers or bread crumbs
Carrots
Bell Pepper
Spinach (optional)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
I use my stand mixer to mix everything together because it's just easier.

Throw in your ground beef, and seasonings. I used a few that weren't mentioned above like turmeric and celery salt. 
We chopped a bunch of mini carrots and bell peppers. 
Then, I added it to the bowl, along with a handful of crackers and an egg. 
Turn on your stand mixer and mix it all together. 
Divide in to muffin tins. I found that this bakes way faster than making it a larger "loaf" and I don't have time to wait forever on dinner. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
They will shrink down, but that's fine.

Pull out of the oven and top with a large spoonful of spaghetti sauce. 
Throw back in the oven for 5 more minutes. 

So easy. Also, I know this isn't a traditional meatloaf recipe. I prefer spaghetti sauce on top over ketchup, and most meat loaf isn't full of veggies. My kids love this meal and they don't complain when I make it, so it's a total win for me.

Enjoy! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment