Sloppy Joes are a family favorite. The girls eat these up when I cook them and the recipe is super easy! I learned to make sloppy joes this way from a fellow coach's wife back when we lived in Indiana when Gretchen was a baby! It's also a quick meal that I can throw together in about 20 minutes for the nights where our family is spread thin with activities.
Thaw your hamburger meat and season with: salt, pepper, garlic powder. I also add turmeric which is the orange looking spice. I hide turmeric in a lot of recipes that have suace- tacos, spaghetti, sloppy joes.
Turmeric is great if you have inflammation or plain. Helps memory loss, & fights free radicals in the body.
Chop your hamburger meat and brown. (I use this tool for easily breaking apart hamburger meat.) Once your meat is browned, drain off the remaining grease
Now, here's where I measure with my eyes and not with a measuring cup, becuase I don't want to get another dish dirty.
Add about 1 cup of ketchup. 1/4-1/2 c. of mustard, and a tablespoon of brown sugar. Just squeeze it right on top. You can go back and add more if it's not "sloppy" enough.
Allow the sauces to come together and heat in the pan. Be sure to stir so it won't stick to the bottom.
Serve on buns with air-fryed french fries.
Pst- DJ likes cheese on his sloppy joe's, and I'm sure pickles or lettuce would be yummy too!
No comments:
Post a Comment