Monday, March 29, 2010

Hi, Hello, How are ya?

Hi! Hello! How are ya?

Gretchen and I got back from our trip to Arkansas Saturday night, and we are finally getting back into the routine of our everyday life. We had a wonderful time visiting with family and friends, but we missed DJ!

Let me start off by saying, how relieved I was that the weather was warm enough to pull out the sandals and short sleeves! There were a few days that we needed a light jacket, but that's better than sweaters, boots, and heavy coats! Plus, it snowed in Indiana while we were away and I'm so relieved that I missed that!

DJ, Gretchen, and myself left Friday night, and drove to our halfway point. Gretchen did great in the car and we stopped to eat at Cheeseburger in Paradise, and I ordered my old-time favorite: sweet potato chips! After that, we put Gretchen in her pj's hoping she'd fall asleep watching Finding Nemo, or "Emo" as she calls it, but she stayed awake through the entire movie! When we got to our hotel, she refused to sleep in the rented (and thankfully, clean) crib, so she ended up in the king size bed with us. Thankfully, DJ slept well, but I on the other hand had better nights!

She did well in the car on Saturday, and we made it to Jonesboro to drop off his mom's dining table, that we had "borrowed" for the last 3 years! We were there early enough in the afternoon to eat at one of our favorite restraunts, test drive a few new cars, and for Gretchen to play with her cousins! Gretchen had tons of fun with Katie opening and closing Nana's screen door! The girls are only 2 weeks apart, and played very well together!
My mother-in-law had us all over in her very own apartment for dinner Saturday night! It was fun to spend time with my in-laws and neices and nephew. The grown ups all went out for cocktails while Nana babysat all 4 kiddos! I do want to add here, that after three years in the "north" I had forgotten how big the hair was in the south and how dark the eyeshadow is! It really made me miss my southern roots!

The granddaughters helped Nana make delicious pancakes on Sunday morning! Afterwards, my parents met us and we all ate lunch at Dixie Cafe, which is one of my most favorite southern restraunts! I love to dip their rolls in honey and their croutons are to die for! DJ left after lunch to head back home, since football practice started last week, and my parents took Gretchen and I to spend the week with them.
We stopped and ate dinner with my grandmother, brother, sister-in-law, and Gretchen's cousin.
Later that week, we took Gretchen to the Daffodil field near my parents house to take a few pictures.
Notice, the tank top! I was thrilled to be able to pull that out of the closet although, it was a bit windy!
This is one of my favorite pictures of Gretchen!

After Gretchen's "nap" we spent the afternoon outside. She "rode" the four-wheeler with Paw. Don't worry- DJ already scolded me for letting her ride without a helmet, but they were not going fast -at all- and Gretchen was screaming "help" the entire time!
My sister, neice, and nephew came over that afternoon. They brought Gretchen the cutest baby doll and cookie baking set! The afternoon was lovely, so we sat outside and soaked up the sun!

The next day, Gretchen and I ate at Tropical Smoothie, another favorite restraunt, and went to visit my grandmother.
That afternoon, Gretchen and Gee had a tea party.
On Thursday, my sister-in-law and I went and had pedicures! We took Gretchen shopping and picked up these Minnie Mouse jammies! Let me throw in, that I'm eating my words here. I was one who said that my child would never wear character clothing, but as she was throwing a huge fit in TJ Max, she found these pj's so I bought them, for only a few moments of quiet sanity.
We spent Friday searching for fabric for Gretchen's big girl room, and we had lunch at my cousins house. We also hit one of the newer shopping centers, where the above picture was taken.
We flew back on Saturday, and Gretchen did fairly well on the plane rides.
It's nice to be back into our routine, but I'm counting down the weeks until school is out and summer will begin! And, when we get to go back to Arkansas this summer!












No comments:

Post a Comment