Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tired....

I'm just plain tired today, anyone else?

Since launching my new products, I've been super busy- which is a good thing. But, I've also been busy at work. I'm a speech language pathologist for our local school system, and work in one of our new elementary schools (which I love!). If you know anything about special education, you've heard of IEP's, and I've had 30 of them to write and conference on in the last two weeks! Thankfully, I have 6 left, but only 1 day to finish them in!

On top of that, we've had 2 sets of visitors over the last 3 weeks. I love having visitors, and since we're far from family and friends, we don't have them too often.

We are leaving for a trip to visit family in Arkansas this weekend! Yup, one more thing added to my plate. Gretchen and I weren't leaving until Monday, but now we are leaving this weekend and driving down to see DJ's fam before we go see mine. Then, Gretchen and I are flying back! I'm so looking forward to this visit. I need warm weather, and frankly, I just need to see my family again. Nothing says comfort, like your mother taking care of you. Yes, even a 27 year old, still needs her mommy!

We'll spend the week taking Gretchen to the daffodil field, searching for fabric for Gretchen's room, shopping, and hopefully pedicures!

I won't be around the blogosphere next week, and I know I'll come back feeling a bit disconnected. But, I think, that at times, that's a good thing!

As far as business is concerned, HPA will not be taking orders over the next week. I will only be able to finish local last-minute Easter bow orders.

But, on a brighter note, I might finally have my items in a local boutique! My husband did some great marketing skills for me while he was waiting at Verizon for 2 hours yesterday! I'm so looking forward to it and really hoping that everything will work out!!!

Alright, y'all have a great night, a great weekend, and a great week! I promise I'll come back with lots of stories and pictures!

Oh, and Happy Spring!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, congrats on getting your stuff into a local boutique! Very exciting! My youngest son is currently seeing an SLP for a little speech delay, so I know all too well the amount of work involved in those IEP's. You deserve a long, hot bath! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is with you on the IEPs! I never had to write them, but sitting in all the meetings was enough!

    Congrats on getting your stuff in the boutique! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, that is so exciting about the boutique! And yay for coming to Arkansas! I'll say a little prayer for ya'll for safe travels : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable blog!
    found you via follow friday, I am way excited to read your blog! follow back at http://adailydoseofdieting.blogspot.com/
    can't wait to get to know you!!

    ReplyDelete