I hope you all had a great weekend! Despite, another Tulsa loss on Friday night, this weekend was just what I needed! I hope to be back to my regularly scheduled blogging this week, except, "Girl Mom" will be postponed until next Tuesday and then we'll resume from there! This week will be lots of catching up on what's been going on over my blogging break!
We went to the pumpkin patch the Saturday before Halloween, and then the following Monday, we let the girls carve their jack-o-lanterns! We went to pumpkin patch much later this year than we usually do, but we wanted to wait for a weekend that DJ would be able to go with us! We wanted to carve pumpkins that Sunday night, but a late night at the football office for DJ meant that we had to postpone carving until Monday.
After I put Adalyn to bed, we began our pumpkin carving project!
DJ helped Meggie draw her jack-o-lantern face.
But Gretchen was able to do everything all on her own!
She even made him "scars" everywhere! I think this is the most detailed her jack-o-lantern has ever been!
Once the faces were drawn, we set to work scooping out the guts!
Then DJ did lots of carving!
Megan thought it was really neat that we were putting a "hat" back on her pumpkin.
She's all smiles now that her jack-o-lantern is finished!
While DJ carved Gretchen's pumpkin, the girls played with the guts.
Then we took our pumpkins outside and lit them. Megan obviously had a very important phone call!
Gretchen and her jack-o-lantern.
Megan and her's!
Yay for pumpkin carving time!








No comments:
Post a Comment