My girls were so excited about Halloween this year! As soon as we got home from school we started in on our Halloween festivities! I made Jack-O-Lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's and I've never been more grateful for them making me feel like a pin-worthy mama! They also had orange chocolate chip cookie dough, so I totally won out feeling like I was all creative when I wasn't at all! #papamurphysforthewin
I had a picture of the pizza on my phone, but that photo will have to come on another day. Read- I'm too lazy to upload photos from multiple sources into this one blog post. You're welcome. I assure you the pizza totally looked like a jack-o-lantern and the girls were thrilled. Gretchen immediately requested the stem!
The girls loved their Halloween dinner!
Meggie was so thrilled that she barely ate anything! She was way too excited for trick-or-treating!
Once dinner was made and the kitchen was semi-clean, I helped get all of the girls in their costumes.
Gretchen was Elsa. She even had silver glitter in her hair.
I made Adalyn a little snowman, so she could play the role of Olaf.
Megan went as Doc McStuffins. Here are my three little trick-or-treaters!
Adalyn also served the role as "Chilly" for my little Doc.
The original plan was that all of the girls would be Doc McStuffins characters. Gretchen backed out about two weeks before Halloween and decided that she would rather be Elsa. Thankfully, the Disney store was fully stocked on Elsa costumes and I didn't have to drive all over town looking for one.
Megan was the perfect little Doc! I have never braided her hair before, but I loved her pigtail braids!
Eep! My little snowman!
I found her black top hat at Hobby Lobby in the doll-making section. I added sparkly white sequins and hot glued a clip so it would stay in her hair. I made her a tutu dress with white tulle and I hot glued sparkly foam circles as her "buttons". I could have painted her face, but it was just too much effort!
This was our first Halloween without DJ joining us to trick-or-treat. Thankfully, one of our coaches wives stepped in and came with us!
Addy's first trick-or-treat was at our neighbor's house. After Addy got her candy, Mrs. Carmen (who is snapping Addy's picture) joined us too!
I was so happy to have helpers with me! Mrs. Karen, the coaches wives, even got in the spirit and dressed as a giant penguin! She's pulling Addy in the wagon, and you can only see her feet.
It was so cold; the girls had to wear their jackets! I tried to bundle them up as much as I could under their costumes, but they were freezing by the end of our trick-or-treat trip.
Do you notice all of the tumble weeds up by the door? Welcome to Oklahoma!
Addy was very content with her sucker while we were trick-or-treating. Once her sucker was gone though, she wanted to go up to houses to get more candy and she did not want back in the wagon. Finally, Mrs. Carmen took Adalyn back to her house, which gave the big girls and I plenty of time to hit two more streets!
The girls were not so sure about going up to this house!
Once we hit up three of the streets in our neighborhood, the girls were cold and tired, so we headed home.
Adeline immediately went after the candy!
One of my favorite parts about Halloween is getting home and dumping out the goods! The girls have so much fun digging through and seeing what they got, and I enjoy picking out the pieces they won't like!
Gretchen was being a bit too serious with all of her candy!
I let the girls have an orange chocolate chip cookie, and a few pieces of candy, and then two out of three of them crashed! Megan was up for at least another hour and a half, and I watched Tulsa loose to Memphis before calling it a night!
We were exhausted, the girls had fun, and memories were made!
Perfection.














No comments:
Post a Comment