Amen.
Easter is one of my very favorite holidays. For me, Easter is about Jesus. It's not about bunnies or eggs, or baskets. It's not about the new dresses. It's Jesus.
I am a Christian. Easter gives me a chance to renew and refresh and be reminded of how much God loves me. He sent his son to die for me. I don't have to do anything but believe, and to grow stronger, I pray, reflect, read, and study. But, God takes me just as I am. A sinner. And yet, He still loves me and wants me.
That my friends, is true love. If you don't know this kind of love from our Heavenly Father, reach out to me, a friend, anyone. I want you to know the love that God has shown me and the love that he wants for us all!
.................................................................................................................................................
We started our Easter celebrations last Thursday when the littles had their Easter parties at school. I wasn't able to get a picture of the girls together before we left, so I opted for a quick one when I dropped them off at preschool.
Addy Pearl was already for Easter too!
At school they had classroom parties and had an Easter egg hunt. The girls came home with lots of candy and more plastic eggs!
Thursday, we ordered pizza and took the girls to see the Easter Bunny at Bass Pro. I haven't done Easter Bunny pictures in a long time! The last time I remember, Megan was a baby. They scream every year, and I torture them with Santa pictures, so I figured that was enough. But, the Bass Pro gives you a free photo, and really one is all we need, so we tried it out this year.
Megan wouldn't get any closer to the bunny! Gretchen was thrilled and posed perfectly, and Adalyn screamed and tried her best to escape.
Earlier that day, Megan had said that the Easter Bunny had come to her class and I asked her if she liked the bunny. She said, "Yes, He talked to me!".... apparently, she only likes characters that can talk. Then she told me it was just a person dressed up in a costume! I thought she'd be okay since she was so excited from school, but she immediately became afraid seeing this bunny. I looked in the Easter Bunny's eyes and said, "she knows you're a person in a costume and she won't be afraid if you can just talk to her." I'm sure the bunny person was SHOCKED when I told her to talk to my child, but she did, and we found out that her name was Megan too, and tried to make our Megan excited about that, but it didn't help! Thankfully, she agreed to at least stand in the picture. But, she still doesn't look happy about it!
We came home from our Easter Bunny visit to dye our Easter eggs. We decided to dye them Thursday night since we were leaving Friday for my mom's house and wouldn't be back until late Saturday.
The girls loved using the crayon to draw on the egg.
We used the glitter dye this year, and DJ said he was surprised that I spent more than $1.00 on egg dye this year! Ha!
There were a few eggs that had cracked when I boiled them so I let the girls eat the eggs. Megan and Adalyn loved them!
We had lots of fun getting ready for Easter! Tomorrow, I'll share the rest of our Easter celebrations!




No comments:
Post a Comment