Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was crazy busy!!! Like, I barely had time to sit down and relax!
After I picked up the girls from daycare Friday, we came home, had a quick dinner and I put them in their pj's. Then, I took them back to daycare for a Parents Night Out! The girls were super excited to have a late night of playing with friends!

Once they were dropped off, I ran a quick errand while DJ wrapped up football practice and then we met for dinner.
Yay for a date night! We binged out on chips and queso and to die for fajitas!

Then, we went to Target and Lowe's, because #datenight #weareold.
We picked up the girls and they wanted to read a quick book, watch a little movie on the iphone, and have a snack.

Finally, it was bedtime!

DJ left Saturday morning to head to the stadium and the little girls and I went for doughnuts.
Meggie was loving her doughnut holes!
G devoured her doughnut twist, doughnut holes, and some of my cinnamon roll!
We signed Gretchen up for TU Cheer Clinic on Saturday morning, so I dropped her off and the little girls and I went on a 2 mile "run" around campus. 

Once I finished my run, I freshened up and then we went over to Gretchen's performance with the cheerleaders. 

She had so much fun cheering with the big girls! I videoed her performance, so no pictures....

Then we headed back to the football offices, changed her clothes and headed to the stands to watch the spring game. 

I spent most of the game chasing Adalyn up and down the bleachers. Now that her cast is off, she's a mover! She was balancing on the benches, climbing the stairs, and running away! I don't even think I watched a full play of the practice game. 

By the end of practice, Adalyn was exhausted! I somehow managed to get her to fall asleep in her stroller, and the big girls played on the field while DJ worked on film. Once he was finished, we headed up to the press box for a team dinner. This was the first time that all of our staff was together and it was great to finally meet people and put faces with names and husbands with wives!

After dinner, DJ took the girls while I ran a few quick errands before coming home for movie night! We go the girls in the tub and put Adalyn to bed, and then popped popcorn, put the girls on the floor and watched Night at the Museum 3. 
By the time the movie was over, Megan was asleep. 

Sunday morning rolled around and I made waffles for breakfast and then the big girls and I got ready for church. We decided that DJ would stay home with Adalyn since she didn't feel her best on Saturday and because she was still asleep! He said she woke up around 11!
But, the big girls were so excited for church! Especially Gretchen because she could stay in her class late since I was on childcare duty!
We came home and I snuggled with Addy Pearl while DJ and the big girls had lunch.

After lunch, I went to the grocery store while DJ worked on laundry, Gretchen cleaned her room, and Adalyn went back down for a nap. 

Once the groceries were bought, I came home and did some sewing (Addy was still sleeping)
I finished up this sweet 1st birthday romper and this baby bundle! 
You can find my shop here.

DJ cooked dinner and then I put away laundry.  I'm telling you, we have some pretty exciting Sundays around here!
Addy helped me put away laundry and pick up the bedrooms a bit. She was a total diva in her sunglasses! 

Here's to Monday y'all! May it go by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment