Last week, I was nominated by Cory over at Playdates and Prescriptions for the Liebster award! Unfortunately, the prize doesn't come with a million dollars or a brand new car, but it does come with a bunch of questions and a chance for you to learn a little more about moi'!
This is me, Elaine, with my three little honey pies. My oldest, Gretchen is 7, my middle, Megan will be 4 in just a few weeks, and the youngest, Addy Pearl (Adalyn,) will turn 2 in July. I've been married for 9 years (wowza!) to DJ, who is a collegiate football video coordinator. We've lived in 4 states and currently reside in Oklahoma! I work full time as a speech pathologist in the school system, but I also own Honey Pie Accessories, a cute little monogram and hair bow shop! I also blog here, and I've been blogging for a crazy long time!
Cory assigned me a few questions to answer, so here goes!
1. What is your favorite hobby?
My favorite hobby is embroidery/applique! I'd say sewing, but I hate to follow a pattern. Like, it terrifies me! I can sew skirts, and burp cloths, but that's it! I started making hair bows 7 years ago when I had Gretchen. Because we lived in Indiana, I couldn't find hair bows, and this southern girl needed to put bows on her daughter! Anyway, bow making turned in to more, and now, my favorite, and almost full time hobby would be sitting in front of my embroidery machine making cute little shirts for you guys, and monogrammed items!
2. Do you have a favorite scripture verse? If so, which one?
Yes! My favorite verse is Philippians 1:3. "I thank my God every time I remember you".
It's a simple verse and honestly, I am always so thankful for the people that have come in, come out, or stayed in my life. My family, my friends, my customers. Every person is a gift, and I am so thankful that God has allowed me to meet amazing people!3. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Neither- ha! I love to sleep!!!! If I had to choose one, I'd be a night owl, but only if I can sleep in really late in the morning! I HATE waking up! I snooze at least three times and then my husband has to kick me out of bed!
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
DJ and I have lived in Arkansas (for 7 weeks), Louisiana (1 year), Indiana (4 years), and now Oklahoma (it will be 4 years in June.) Because of his job in collegiate football, we've moved a lot! Up until this year, we had lived in the same number of houses as years we've been married (9). We've finally stayed put long enough that we're leveling out, and y'all, we have moving boxes stored in our attic! I like to think that we're professional movers! But, if I could live anywhere. It would be in my mom's front yard!
Growing up, my entire family lived around one area. We could walk to my grandma's house, my cousin's house, my aunts.... anywhere! I always envisioned my kids being able to walk to their grandparents house. I've already picked out a piece of land on my parents acreage (they have 40 acres) in case we ever get a chance to live in Arkansas again. However, we know that the likelihood of that is slim to none.
5. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 items would you hope to have with you?
Do my children and husband count?
I'd take toilet paper, chocolate, and a good book.
6. What's your idea of a perfect date night?
I am more of a traveler than a date night person..... I'd rather hop in the car with DJ and go somewhere. When we were dating, engaged, and newlyweds, we traveled a lot. We would go and explore, or we would just get in the car and drive. Once we had Megan, our just getting out and driving stopped because she was a nightmare in the car. If I could go back to those easy day dates or trips, I would.
Since we have three girls, and a crazy schedule, that's not a possibility. I'd have to say just going to our favorite restaurant, or even to a new restaurant, and then driving around and exploring our town. Maybe going to an area of town that we've never had a chance to go to- like the Blue Dome district. It would be icing on the cake, if we could drive through neighborhoods with gorgeous old, big houses (I love looking at those!), and it would be super fun to stop at a bakery for a chocolate dessert.
7. What's your favorite vacation destination?
When I graduated college, I had the opportunity to travel to Italy. I have always wanted to go back to the Isle of Capri on my 10 year wedding anniversary. Instead, we went to Disney World (technically, it was in year 9 going on 10, but I figure that would be our "vacation").... anywhere on the beach would be top on my list. But honestly, we had so much fun at Disney World, that I'm already dying to go back!
8. Do you prefer summer or winter?
Summer.
I don't even have to think about this one. After living in Indiana for four years, where it snows from November to April, no way. Not ever again. Keep me below the Mason Dixon please.
9. What is/was your dream job?
In many ways, I'm living my dream job right now! I love my speech path job. I have always said that I went to college for a reason, and I don't want the degree to be wasted. But, if I could open up a store front and do a mix of monogram/applique, sell children's clothing, and be a party planner I would quit and do it right now. (If I knew I'd be successful at it AND if I knew that we'd never move again.)
10. What's your favorite accessory?





Loved reading this post! I love that Stella & Dot necklace!
ReplyDeleteSomehow your posts aren't updating for me so I missed this. But loved learning more about you! I have to say, I instantly felt a connection when you said you went to Disney World for your 10 years. I also want to go somewhere tropical (we will celebrate 10 years in Oct)..but I would LOVE Disney. I would probably go every year if I could! ha!
ReplyDeleteI also love that you love to travel. My hubs and I love traveling together, even if just a short trip. So fun and makes me feel young again - like before we had kids! ;)