Happy Friday Friends! We are on the countdown until Christmas break, and only have 5 school days left! I can't wait until our break- it's much needed around these parts!
I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci for Friday Favorites today!
First up, this girl! Addy Pearl is showing us lots of spirit lately. Her terrible twos have hit full force, but she's also still pretty sweet and cuddly!
She also loves to play peek-a-boo!
Daddy being home has been a favorite of ours too! These girls are hanging all over him and soaking him up as much as they can!
He had to carry two little monkeys to bed Monday night.
And then he read them books and tucked them all in to bed, which was my favorite! Anytime I can get out of bedtime duty, I am all for it!
Sunday afternoon, Adalyn woke up with a fever, which was not a favorite moment of mine. DJ took off Monday to stay with her, since I had just taken two days off the week before to stay home with Megan when she wasn't feeling well. We had hoped that by Tuesday, she could head back to school, but she started running a fever again on Monday night. So, I took Tuesday off.
DJ left bright and early for a day trip to Shreveport, and Adalyn woke up fever free. We dropped off the big girls at school, and I decided since Addy was feeling better, that we would do some Christmas shopping.
We headed to Target, Rustic Cuff, and then grabbed lunch before hitting up Nordstrom.
Home girl totally loved the cane's sauce from Raising Cane's! Cane's has been one of mine and DJ's favorite restaurants' since we lived in Louisiana, and we were so excited when it came to Tulsa a while ago. Their Cane's sauce is good, but apparently it's really tasty to Addy Pearl!
Tuesday night, Megan was exhausted! She put herself to bed around 7, and I was in heaven, because she's definitely our tough one to get tucked in and settled for the night. I kind of felt like I had a night off, since I really only had one and a half kids to tuck in! It was like an early Christmas gift!
Our elves have definitely been a favorite of the girls. They love waking up and finding our elves around the house. This week, they came back with "snow" and were decked out in a scarf, hat, and socks because they were cold!
The girls were pretty mesmerized with the snow scene!
Wednesday afternoon, I had to snap this picture of Megan. She has her own sense of style and sometimes it's questionable, and other times it's downright adorable. I just couldn't get over how big she was looking Wednesday evening.
We parked our cars outside so the girls could play in the garage Wednesday night. Gretchen really wanted to practice basketball, so DJ took them all out to play while I cleaned up the kitchen and packed lunches. He got out our growth chart and we learned that Adalyn has grown 5 inches since last March! Girlfriend is crazy tall! The other girls have only grown 2 inches.
And then they came inside to help make our Christmas ornaments for teachers gifts. We filled each ornament with cocoa and marshmallows and we're attaching peppermint oil so their teachers can have a yummy cup of hot cocoa! Or, they can just use the peppermint oil for any head tension they might have!
And then we found our elves hiding out in the pantry and holding hands!
Thursday evening, Gretchen had ballet and then headed off to basketball tryouts! She begged us to play basketball this year, so we decided that it would be something fun for she and DJ to do together. He picked her up from dance, and they headed up to the church where she'll be playing. She was evaluated for team placement and had to shoot, do drills, and dribble.
While, DJ and Gretchen were at basketball, I was hanging out with Megan at gymnastics.
Thursday nights are always our later nights, so once we made it home we were in full force getting ready for today.
This weekend, DJ has football practice on his agenda, the girls and I are hosting a Holiday Open House, and we have church plans, and maybe squeezing in a trip to see some Christmas lights! It's going to be a great one!
Thanks friends for stopping by today!

















I love these pic!! They are so adorable!! Looks like you guys been having fun
ReplyDeleteChelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com
Two elves...I can barely keep up with thinking of something creative for one!
ReplyDeleteYay!! For daddy being home. I love when my hubby puts the kids to bed too!!! It's the best. Sorry your kiddos have been sick. Hoping they are fully recovered now!!!
ReplyDelete