Friday, December 4, 2015

Friday Favorites: Sick Days, Play Time, and Oils!

Friends, it's Friday, and for that, let's all take a moment and say a big Amen. We did it, we made it through another week. 

This week has kept us busy, but we've had DJ home every night by 5:30, and for that, I have never been more grateful! We've actually sat down together for family dinners, he's helped give the girls a bath, he's helped pick up around the house, and I can see the end of football season in sight. Well, sort of- we find out this weekend or Monday where our bowl game will be, and I'm praying for somewhere warm and sunny. But, with my luck, we'll end up in Dallas, and in that case, I've promised the girls a trip to ice skate in the mall and a trip to the American Girl store. 

DJ has recruiting tonight and football practice this weekend, so this blissful week of him being home is coming to an end, and I'm going to remind myself that there's an end in sight and a bowl trip in our future in order to get me through the next two weeks. Tis the life of a football wife. 

I'm linking up today with Erika, Narci, and Andrea for Friday Favorites, and this week I have a rather assortment of Favs to share with y'all. 
First up, my homemade tortilla's. As we are on a journey to eat less processed foods, I've started making homemade tortillas. We love Mexican food at our house, and the girls eat tortillas with peanut butter and jelly in their lunch.... now, don't get me wrong- we tend to buy tortillas from the store a lot, but when I have time, I definitely prefer making them myself. I really don't have a recipe to share, but I google for a flour tortilla recipe and tend to use whatever one pops up first. They're super easy to make and super yummy! I urge you to try them! And, let's just pause for a moment and take in the Christmas dish ware my tortillas are in. I love, being able to pull out my Christmas dishes and using them when I bake this time of year. I find any excuse to use them, and eating off of my Christmas dishes, just make me happy. 

DJ and I were married in December (our 10 year anniversary is in two weeks!) and I had a Christmas themed bridal shower. To this day, it was my all time favorite wedding shower I had, and I love pulling out my Christmas decorations and remembering the pieces that I received when we were getting married. I ended up choosing the Spode Christmas china pattern, and I seriously love using them every single year at Christmas time. If I could get away with using my Spode plates in July, I'd totally do it. 

Tuesday, Megan and I had a sick day. I ended up being called Monday afternoon, that Megan had a fever, so I went to pick her up from preschool, and then I picked up the other two girls and we went home and I made dinner, and  we had a typical evening. Tuesday morning, DJ took Addy to daycare, I took Gretchen to school, and then I came home and worked on laundry, cleaned the house, and she and I put up Christmas trees in the girls bedrooms. 
Addy's white tree, may be my favorite!
And look how enamored she is with her tree! 

This time of year is so, so special with kiddos. I love seeing their joy and excitement over Christmas every single day. 
I picked up pizza for dinner Tuesday night, and then we settled in to watch Rudolph, while Gretchen and Addy played with blocks. Megan had fallen asleep in the car around 5, and continued to sleep on the cough until 7, when she woke up to eat one piece of pizza and then went right back to bed! 

Thankfully, she felt much better when she woke up and hadn't had a fever in a while, so we all headed back to school on Wednesday. 
DJ came home and after dinner, we watched The Grinch and the girls all played with their daddy. 
There were lots of giggles in our house!
Our Bailey had to get in on some loving too. 

Wednesday night, Megan woke up screaming and ended up in our bed. She continued to complain all night long that her tummy itched and hurt. Poor girl was in a ton of pain, and just wanted a band aid to make her feel better. We decided to take Thursday off as well since our night had been so rough, and I was afraid she might end up with the stomach bug that had been going around her class. 
We took Gretchen to school, and as we were walking out the door, I realized what a big girl she has become. In just two months, she'll be 8 years old, and I'm crazy sad about it! We are still deciding on what type of party to have, or if we want to have a girls weekend to celebrate. 
And since I was home this week, I was able to get my Young Living monthly order as soon as it was dropped off! I ordered three of the Thieves spray to be given as teacher gifts, three Lavender hand soaps to be given as gifts as well, and then I ordered the Thieves laundry soap. It's super concentrated and you only use 1/4 of a capful, so I'm hoping it will last a while! I also ordered Purification to use on our wool dryer balls, orange, as a teeth whitener and to use in my DIY furniture polish, Lavender, because we use it for EVERYTHING, and then I received Christmas Spirit and Nutmeg for FREE, because Young Living loves to treat their customers! 

I diffused Christmas Spirit while we watched the Grinch in order to get us all in a festive holiday mood! I also shared this picture with Sacred Holidays on Instagram for their advent photo challenge! If you're on Instagram, search the #sacredholidays for all of the fun photos! I decided to participate at last minute, and already won the $5.00 Starbucks gift card they're giving away!
And, this week, the Happy Oiler Holiday Handbooks arrived in the mail, and I have four available for anyone who purchases a starter kit this month! It has tons of DIY ideas and recipes for you to use!

If you're interested in Young Living and essential oils, then just leave your email address below and I'll send you a message later this weekend! 

That about sums up our Friday Favorites around here! This weekend we have big plans to decorate our Christmas tree and finally finish up our Christmas decorating outside! I may even take the girls to the local Christmas parade and have a little cupcake outing!

2 comments:

  1. Love Spode. I have a few pieces and they are my favorite ! Enjoy your weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas dishes are some of my favorite pieces. Just pulled mine out the other day! Hope you have an incredible weekend!

    XO,
    Jackie
    www.parentingtheateam.com

    ReplyDelete