Come on In! Today, we're continuing our house tour! We purchased a new home last summer, and we are slowly finishing up projects, finalizing decorations, and I'm sharing it all on the blog!
When we moved in to our new house, I knew that Megan's room needed a little make over. We were renting when Megan was born (we were still trying to sell our house in Indiana) so we haven't really been able to decorate. I knew one thing I wanted in Megan's bedroom.
Purple.
Her favorite color is purple and I couldn't want to get some paint on her walls.
When we moved in, this is what her bedroom looked like. We painted the walls and bought her a new bedspread, and then we really didn't do much else. I wasn't quite sure the direction that I wanted to go with her room, so I was waiting on finding the perfect art work and decorations to fit her space. I was leaning toward butterflies or mermaids, and at the time I wasn't able to find either of those exact themes.
So, we waited until we finished Gretchen's Paris themed bedroom, before really deciding on Megan's theme.
Butterflies.
I was able to take the art work from Gretchen's room and it fit perfectly in the space above Megan's bed. Thanks to that piece, Megan's butterfly bedroom began to come to life.
I purchased her bedding last spring from Target. I definitely wanted to do as much purple in her bedroom that I could, and I loved the ruffles at the bottom of her bedspread. When Target released their new Pillowfort collection, this pom-pom pillow was perfect for her bed.
And since I'm a sucker for all things monogrammed, I monogrammed her pillow shams.
I found this banner on Etsy, before I had decided on Megan's bedroom theme, and I knew I could go either way with mermaids or butterflies. While I absolutely love it, I couldn't ever figure out a good place to put it or even how to hang it, so it's tied to the end of her bed.
I found this lamp at Target to complete her butterfly theme.
Her framed artwork on her night stand came from Vine & Ever. A little shop that my friend, Madison had when she was adopting her babies.
The framed print above her bed, was gifted to us by one of our former head coaches wives. It's full of Bible verses to pray over your children.
Megan has a tall dresser in her room. I didn't feel the need to have both a dresser and a chest of drawers, so I was glad we were able to find something large enough to accommodate all of her clothes. Her dresser is lined with photos of her friends, grandparents, and photos from when she was a baby. Plus, a few other sentimental pieces.


Including her bracelets and rock collection.
Opposite of Megan's bed is her play space.
Thankfully, Pottery Barn Kids got the message that I was needing butterfly decor, and they had these paper mache' butterflies that were perfect. I ordered two in lavender and one in pink. Unfortunately, the butterflies are now out of stock. 

Hanging just below her butterflies is a book shelf from Land of Nod.
And a framed print of her old-time photo we took in Branson last spring, and a subway-style print from her Doc McStuffins birthday party last summer.
Megan has lots of large toys, so for now, those are right below her bed! And, if i'm being perfectly honest- I can't wait for her to outgrow them!
Her baby doll corner and flower hooks.
And in her closet we have dress up clothes hanging on the lower shelf, a spot for her dress up shoes, and a basket full of miscellaneous dress up things. The girls love playing in here!
And that's it! Another room marked off our list.
Megan loves her purple space!

















No comments:
Post a Comment