Friday, April 1, 2016

Easter Weekend

Happy Friday friends! I'm still recapping our Easter weekend festivities :) and I hope to be back to my regularly scheduled blogging program next week..... although besides Monday & Friday, I don't really have a set schedule! 

Anyway, I mentioned in Wednesday's post, that we started our Saturday morning at football practice. We left a little early and grabbed a quick lunch before heading home to change and grab Easter baskets. 
I had no time to make the girls shirts this year, so I ordered them from Trendy Treehouse!
I've never taken the girls to a big Easter egg and there was one close to us this year, so we went. They were super pumped and ready to hunt eggs!
I was a little nervous about the egg hunt because the egg hunts were set up in to ages, and of course, each of the girls were in a separate age bracket. Although I let Adalyn hunt with Megan, it was just chaotic and I was nervous that I'd end up loosing one of them. Thankfully, no kids were lost! And we went over our game plan of what to do if someone tries to take them and who to talk to or where to meet in case we get separated. 
Addy was not cooperating with picture taking! 
But, my Expert Easter Egg Hunter was!
When it was time to hunt eggs, Megan headed off in one direction and Adalyn in the other! Addy knew exactly what to do and started picking up as many eggs as she could find. 

When the egg hunt was over, the girls and I headed back home to drop off their Easter baskets. Their eggs were full of chocolate and I knew that it would melt sitting in the car and we still had some errands to run. I took the opportunity to get a few more photos of the girls and their shirts. 
I had been following Trendy Tree house on Insta for a while but I hadn't purchased from them. They had shared their Easter shirts and when I took a look at the website I was super pumped about their pricing! Trying to outfit three girls in matching clothes isn't easy, but their shirts were just $13.00 so I was thrilled! 
Isn't she just the sweetest?!

Addy Pearl is all about pigtail braids. 
I love Gretchen's little lopsided bow and pose! 
Once our baskets were dropped off, we headed to Bass Pro Shop to see the Easter bunny, and our picture did not disappoint! 
I mean, I should totally send it in to Ellen. 

At first Megan didn't want to sit near the bunny, but Gretchen schootched over, and she sat right down! Addy on the other hand was NOT having it! I assured the photographer that it was okay- I wanted a classic picture, and this is the best! 

And, can I just give Bass Pro a shout out because their pictures are free! This momma is all about some freebies! You can buy a photo package, but I'm happy just having one to frame. We always have a ton of school photos to hand out to the grandparents, so getting one free one is fine with me! 

After a quick Target stop to exchange Easter shoes, we headed home so Addy could take a nap.  
The big girls played outside and had egg races. 
It was totally their idea! They were so serious! 

DJ finally made it home and we did some yard work, I cooked dinner, and then we dyed Easter eggs. 
I'm totally going to forever have brown paper like this on hand because it's so easy to use to cover our table and it's an easy clean up! 
Gretchen's a pro at egg-dyeing. 
And Addy needed some help! 
But Megan got the hang of it pretty quickly!
After baths, Gretchen and Megan decided they wanted to have a sleepover. Their plan was to stay up late and catch the Easter bunny, but they fell asleep ;) Gretchen decided to read the Easter Bible story to Meggie before bed. 
And then the girls read Shoe-La-La. 
And then the Easter bunny finally came! 
Megan received play-doh, bubbles, a swim suit, a new book, a dress, and an outfit for her American Girl doll. 
Adalyn received play-doh, bubbles, a baby doll outfit, a new dress,  swimsuit, and Egg book. 
And Gretchen received an American Girl Cookbook, Shopkins, play-doh, and a swimsuit
The girls were up super early to open their baskets!
And they loved everything they found! 
Including their chocolate, caramel, marshmallow eggs! 
Gretchen is excited to start baking some recipes from her cookbook! 
And what 8 year old doesn't like Shopkins!
As the girls were opening their Easter baskets, we spotted a bunny in our backyard! The timing could not have been more perfect! 
We got ready for church and snapped a few pictures before we left. 
My mom bought the little girls their Easter dresses last year after Easter. Gretchen's dress came from Southern Tots and I added her monogram. 
After church, we came home and had a quick lunch. We cleaned the house and put Adalyn down for her nap. I decorated our sheep cake and the girls played outside! 
DJ smoked pork tenderloin and we invited some friends over for dinner. The big kids had a little date on the picnic table. 
While the little girls ate outside on their play set. 
We love having our friends over for dinner! 

After our company left, we had to get ready for school on Monday. It's no fun going back to school right after a holiday! 
But, the big girls decided to have a sleepover again and Gretchen read more of the Easter story before bed. They have totally melted my heart in a big pile of mush!

We seriously had the best Easter weekend! It was busy and hectic and we squeezed a lot in! The laundry is still piled up and I'm realizing it's okay :) It will still be there tomorrow (because isn't it always! But the memories we made this weekend and the time together was priceless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment