#andstockitwithwine
#andstressaway
I'm linking up today with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday!
Sunday afternoon, I had some time to kill before a get together with the coaches wives. So, I left DJ at home with the girls, and spent an hour of free time browsing through TJ Max and then I headed in to Old Navy. I wasn't really looking for anything impaticular, but I did need a few more things for work and leading in to the summer.
Thankfully, Old Navy had the store marked down and their dresses were on sale.
I started grabbing what I could and made a dash for the dressing room.
I fell in love with this dress as soon as I walked in the door. it was lightweight and had a great shape- especially near the waistline, where I need it a bit more! After having 3 kids, my shape is pretty boxy!
The dress comes in three different colors, and I think it runs a bit big. I tried this one on in a small, and it fit well.
The dress comes in three different colors, and I think it runs a bit big. I tried this one on in a small, and it fit well.
I grabbed this Black Maxi, knowing that it could be dressed up or down. Unfortunately, they only had it in a small, and it was a wee-bit small in the mid-section. It was super cute, and had they had it in my size, it would have come home with me!
This tie waist dress is a super soft grey knit and is belted at the waist and has little cap sleeves. I love the midi-length, because I think it's perfect for finishing up the last few weeks of school, and I'll be able to wear it to church this summer. I can't wait to really style this dress and share it again! I kind of debated on getting this dress or a different one, but I ended up bringing this one home with me! The dress also comes in solid black and clementine.
I grabbed this dress since I loved the color, and I knew I could transition it in to fall with a denim jacket and I could wear it to football events. Anytime, I can find something in our school colors, I try to grab it, since it's multi-functional. I tried this dress on in a medium, and it fit much better than the black maxi. I loved the midi style of this dress too. The picture does absolutely no justice, but it has the cutest hemline. This dress is also available in "rusty", and would have worked perfectly for football too! I ended up not coming home with this dress, but it's on my mind for next time.
So, I tried on this shirt, because I thought it would look super cute this summer with white shorts or white jeans. It's lightweight and sheer, so I'd recommend wearing a tank underneath! Again, I could wear this to football events and carry it through the fall, and you all know how I love to buy pieces that can transition through every season. I ended up not coming home with this shirt, because I have a similar one at home, but believe me, it's on my mind!
This dress! Y'all, can we talk about this dress for a minute! It's sort of everything I love in a dress. Yes, I get that it has long sleeves, and we're heading in to summer, but again, it will be perfect for work. It's pintucked at the top giving some feminine detail, and it's flowy, and perfection. We're headed to the Carrie Underwood concert tonight, and I'm so tempted to wear this dress rather than the other one I had purchased for the concert. I ended up grabbing this dress in a medium, and I could probably wear a small. Some of the online reviews, stated that the dress shrank when they washed it, so I'll be sure to hang it to dry. I know I can wear this dress in the fall with booties, cowboy boots, and even in the winter with leggings. I mean, it's seriously just everything. Online, it's only available in blue, and lots of colors are sold out, so head to your local store and grab this one! I promise, it's going to be a must have!
And finally, let's talk fingernails.
I maybe paint my nails a few times a year. I just don't have time, and then it chips off in a day or two. My friend, and fellow coaches wife, invited us ladies over on Sunday afternoon so we could all try her Jamberry Nail Wraps, and I'm smitten! I've tried them once before and I wasn't sold on them. But, that's because they were gifted to me for a blog review, and I placed them on my toenails because I was too intimidated to use them on my nails. They ended up peeling off, because I didn't have the right tools. But this time, I've had my nail wraps on for a few days and they look like I just put them on! The nail wraps are available in a variety of prints and designs, and you can even design your own! If nail wraps, aren't your thing, then they have polish and a gel system!
Okay, I must know- are you a dress girl in the summer time, or are you sold on shorts? Are you one of those girls that wear jeans in mid-July and August!!!!
This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on the links and making a purchase, I ma be provided a small commission. Thank you.








Adore the first dress! I would love it if you would stop by my link up this week :) http://sydneyfashionhunter.com/2016/04/travel-style-fff30.html
ReplyDeleteHave the best time at the concert! I love a lightweight tshirt dress for the summer. But mainly I am a tshirt and shorts girl. I don't like feeling sticky or hot so no jeans in the hot temps for me ! Have a great Wednesday!!! And seriously I love old navy. Always cute stuff always priced right
ReplyDelete