Hey friends!!! So, it's been a while! I just have to be honest and say that blogging has taken a back burner to other things. It's the time of year where school is crazy busy, we've been behind on some house work, and I'm also working full-speed ahead with my Young Living business, so there just wasn't time for everything, and I'm realizing that it's okay! I head someone say the other day that when you say "yes" to something, you're saying "no" to something else. So, my "no" last week was to blogging. And that my friends is a lesson that I need to learn and remember.
So, I'm recapping a little bit of life lately for you.
Thursday morning I had a great idea to wake up and document a "day in our life" and then it all went out the window. So I have a few pictures from our morning and nothing else. Addy Pearl came downstairs (after sleeping all night in her bed) and watched Mickey Mouse while DJ and I got dressed and ready for work.
And then she went outside as we let the dog out.
And DJ and Addy were out the door by 7:15.
The big girls made themselves cinnamon toast.
And by 8:20, we were out the door and running late.
And I chased Meggie in to preschool.
And that's where all picture taking ceased for the day. We had dance that night and then DJ and I had laundry to do Thursday evening and we had to pack for our weekend out of town.
Before leaving Friday, this arrived in the mail!!!!
And a few hours later we made it to Arkansas!
Sunday morning the girls helped make breakfast with my mom.
And then we headed to the park for my niece's birthday party.
We checked out the river views.
My big girls with their sister-cousin!
Gretchen after the treasure-hunt..... her jean pocket was full of candy!
Argh matey!
Addy had a loot of candy!
And we played on the swings.
I'm going to be honest- DJ was pushing Addy rather high and I was so nervous!
A few weeks ago, I blogged about this lady right here.
Addy was all over her Gee. She wanted nothing to do with DJ or myself, which was totally fine,a nd Gee took over!
My little pirate!
Gee and Addy watching Amelia open her presents. I think by this point she had convinced her Gee that gum was a great idea!
And we took a few family photos before we left. My mom always complains that she doesn't have pictures of her with the girls, unless she's wearing her pajamas, so I made sure to get a good picture of Gee and her girls.
And then my mom remembered that she had taken a photo of DJ and I (a few months after we had gotten married) at this same spot. Here we are 10 years later.
After the birthday party we packed in the car and drove 2+ hours to DJ's sister's house! It was her 30th birthday and we thought we'd surprise her!
When we arrived, we noticed her neighbor in a dinosaur costume, and of course, we had to head outside and check it out ourselves.
However, Megan was not so sure.
Zander and Gretchen eased a little closer.
Apparently, her neighbor does kid's birthday party entertainment and they were outside taking photos. We totally crashed, but they were kind enough to let Gretchen have her picture taken with the dinosaur. She said, "mom, you have to print this out! My friends will never believe me!" The dinosaur even roared and blinked!
And later Saturday night, Nana babysat her grandkids while we headed out for drinks and appetizers to celebrate DJ's sister!!!
Sunday afternoon we made the 6 hour drive back home. It was a long car ride and we were so happy to walk in to the house! So, we're back to school, and back to the daily grind!
I hope you've been doing well my friends!!
See you back here tomorrow for a new linky party........ STRANDED!




























What a fun jam packed weekend !!
ReplyDelete