Thursday, August 10, 2017

Doughnuts & Discovery

This week, the girls and I set out to accomplish all of our to-do's before starting school, and we squeezed in a little fun. 

We started our morning off at Krispy Kreme for doughnuts. 
The girls had all earned a free doughnut from the summer reading program. 
And, I let the girls each pick out a fun sprinkle doughnut of their choice. 
After doughnuts, we ran some errands and Gretchen had speech. 

We were getting a quick lunch when DJ called to tell me that our dog had gotten out and was found 6 miles away from our house! I'm still trying to think about when I actually let her out, and I felt awful knowing that she had been out for over 3 hours. Thankfully, a sweet family found her, tracked us down (they called our vet before calling us) and met me so I could pick her back up and get her home where she belonged! 

Afterwards, we headed downtown to the Discovery Lab. 
Gretchen had been in the spring on a field trip, and I've wanted to take the girls since she had so much fun. After completing our library's summer reading program, we had free passes, and the Discovery Lab, allows teachers to get in free with their i.d., so we had a free afternoon of fun. 
The Discovery Lab is completely hands on, and is science based. There were a ton of STEM activities, and a huge slide made from tape! 
There were legos, and ipads to design your own video games. 
There was even a station to make your own parachute, and see how well it would fly. 

We spent an hour in one room, and then went over to the next room..... Addy was getting bored so we took some selfies. She really wanted to go back to the tape slide, but her sisters were still having fun in this room. 
After a while, we did get back over to the other room, and then we went outside to play on the playground and walk down to the little pond. 



The girls had tons of fun playing and exploring.

We met DJ for dinner before calling it a night and heading home for baths and pj's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment