Thursday, August 17, 2017

Meet The Teacher....

Whew, this week is busy! I started back to school on Monday and between early morning workouts, full days of meetings, and meet the teacher night, I feel like I haven't had time to sit down at all! Is it Friday yet???

Tuesday night, the girls were able to meet their teachers for this school year! And, let me tell you, we are excited!!! And Adalyn is finally looking forward to preschool! 
Addy's meet the teacher night was first. She's going to have so much fun this year! 
We went in, found out who her teacher was, and headed down to her classroom. We immediately found her locker, and she put all of her school supplies in her locker while I filled out the paperwork the teacher needed. 
And y'all, she has the exact same teacher Megan had!!!! And we are thrilled! Because not only is she fabulous, she knows that I was horrible with homework and she won't judge! And if she does, she won't tell me! Ha! 

I gave her a big warning though that Addy Pearl is not the sweet, obedient girl that Megan was! Addy Pearl is our handful. But, Mrs. Gregory is more than ready to handle it! 
After Addy's meet the teacher, we headed to the big girls school. I took Gretchen down to her classroom first, and she was so ready! I cannot believe she's going in to 4th grade! It literally feels like yesterday when I was dropping her off to kindergarten. 
After I took her picture, she turned around, so I could take a picture of her backpack! 
She unloaded her supplies, looked around her new classroom, and talked to her teacher. 

She is SO excited about 4th grade! She told her teacher how much she loved to read, and then came home and read through the "procedures manual" that her teacher had put together! She learned that her teacher gives brownie points for compliments, and when the class earns 12 "brownies" they get home-baked brownies as a treat! They also can earn lunch with the teacher and free time on Friday's! Gretchen cannot wait for all the rewards! 
Her teacher even had a selfie wall! 
After meeting Gretchen's teacher, we took Megan to her classroom! She is thrilled that her teacher is Mrs. Saeid! 
And, her BFF is in her classroom!!! 

Megan is a little intimidated by 1st grade, she's super afraid that she won't be able to learn math, but Gretchen has assured her she would help! She's most excited about learning how to read! 

All of the girls have excellent teachers, and I'm so looking forward to seeing each of them learn and grow!

Today is our first day of school, and we are ready!

Last night, we were able to pack lunches, and have all of their backpacks by the door so they're ready to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment