Monday, August 14, 2017

Zoo Day & More

I have to start by saying thank you to so many of you that reached out last week from Friday's blog post.  So many of you are in the exact same place, and my heart aches for everyone that feels they have difficulty finding and keeping friends. 

I do have to add, that I do have some amazing friends! There are still situations and times where I pray for more friends, but those are issues that I alone need to improve on. 

Anyway, let's get on to our zoo trip!
Last week, the weather cooled off a bit, so the girls and I decided to go to the zoo last Thursday afternoon. We haven't been since earlier this summer, and Gretchen was away when we went, she especially wanted to go. 
The new zoo exhibit opened up, and we loved seeing the update to our local zoo! 
And all the girls compared themselves to a Chimp's proportions. 


Megan and Adalyn brought journals with them to the zoo, and wanted to draw the animals they saw. Here's Megan's chimp..... notice his booty. 


As we were leaving the zoo, the girls spotted the ice cream truck.... so we got ice cream. 
Well played ice cream man, well played. 

...................................................................................................................................................................

Friday night, Gretchen challenged DJ to a game of chess. 
It was a pretty intense game. 
The girls have been having lots of sister sleepovers lately. DJ tucked them in, and when I finally went up to give hugs and kisses, they were already sleeping. 
And y'all, Megan found an eye mask that she stole from me forever ago! 
And check out this tee from Shop Tailgate. It arrived just in time for football season! You can grab a football shirt and use the code ELAINEW for 10% off your order! 
Sadly, Sunday was my last day off of summer, so I decided that we would have a lazy morning. To be fair, we had family in town, so we skipped church, but I watched a movie on t.v. and didn't even put on clothes, until 2 pm. 
And finally, head on over to my Instagram, because I'm giving away OOLA affirmation bands! 

I've shared many times, how much I love the  OOLA for Women book, and how it talks about finding balance in an unbalanced world. OOLA focuses on 7 key areas of life: field (career), family, finance, friends, fitness, fun, and faith.

All you have to do to enter is comment with one area that you need to focus on and find balance in! I'll be choosing a winner on Friday! 

Alright, I'm off to work y'all! Back in the grind and the busy. 

Summer is officially over. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment