Tuesday, November 27, 2018

A Trip To Kansas

Thanksgiving day, I said goodbye to our sweet girls, and headed to Kansas with DJ and the Texas football team. 

Each year, there's a wives trip, and ours happened to be the weekend we moved to Texas, which meant, I wasn't able to go. Thankfully, some room opened up for the Kansas game, and since DJ's mom was already in town, she kept the girls while DJ and I went away for the night. 
We were on the bus and ready to board the plane. 
We arrived in Kansas and I face timed the girls before heading downstairs to our dinner. 
Since it was Thanksgiving night, everything was closed, and we ate at the hotel. 
Team meetings wrapped up and DJ and sat in the hotel room for a few hours, before heading downstairs to grab a drink and close up the meeting rooms. 
Friday morning, we were up early because kick off was at 11.

I grabbed a quick breakfast.... thankfully, I thought ahead and packed a few things....
and put on a few layers to stay warm. 
Because we travel with the team, we arrive at the stadium two hours before kick off. The other wives and I sat on the bus until it was time to go in. Our seats were right in the 1st row in the endzone, so we had an upclose view of the team taking the field. 
and, of Hook 'em. 
I snapped this photo coming down from one of my concession stand visits. 

Sadly, the stadium was pretty empty... and the first three quarters were kind of boring... and it was in the 50s and cloudy, so it was cold! 
The 4th quarter was a nail biter, because Kansas came back and scored 17 points, and then had three onside kicks. Thankfully, we recovered the last one, and held on to the lead. 
With this win, we're headed to the Big 12 Conference Championship game in Dallas next weekend! 
We celebrated after the game before getting back on the bus and flying home to Austin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment