Monday, November 5, 2018

Monday Musings- Silly String Fun & Football

Last week, the girls and I ran in to The Dollar Tree to buy some cheap candles for their jack o lanterns, and there were a few cans of Silly String. I went against my better mom judgement and picked up four cans. 
Then, last Thursday afternoon, the weather was gorgeous, so we went outside and had a silly string fight! 
The girls thought they'd get super messy, so they changed in to bathing suits. Ha! 
We had the best time, and it was a fun little fight that I think we'll need to repeat every so often. 
As a mom, I think sometimes we're so busy being mom, that we forget to have some fun every once in a while. This was a good reminder for me to let loose a little. 
The girls and I made corn chowder for dinner that night. Gretchen had been asking for it for a few weeks- it's one of her favorite meals, so we whipped up the soup and had a yummy dinner. 
Friday afternoon, we received this fun Edible Arrangement from our realtor in Tulsa. We closed on our house Friday, and the girls were so excited to see this arrive! We dug in and ate several pieces! 
Later that night, we headed to Hat Creek to eat burgers. This was a fun little restaurant in Austin, that had the perfect play area for kids. 
Saturday was game day here in ATX. We headed to tailgate and the girls had fun playing with their friends. We ate, they climbed trees, they fell down and got booboos, and we eventually called it quits and headed to the stadium for some pre game field time. 
The West Virginia cheerleaders were checking out Bevo, and the girls love cheerleaders, of any team, and wanted a picture. 
My cousin and his friend were able to come up for the weekend and go to the game with us. We were so excited to have some family and show them a different side of game day. 
DJ met us on the field and the girls were excited to see their dad. 
We attempted a quick family picture. 
It gets hot on the field, so Gretchen found a shady spot. 
while the little girls found the cheerleaders. 
Alex and I took a quick pre game photo before taking the little girls in to babysitting. 

Each university we've been at has been different.. in Tulsa we had a family suite so I could watch the game and the girls had a safe place to run and play inside. At Texas, we have babysitting for the kids under a certain age. They have adult supervision, and the wives are able to watch the game and not worry about their kiddos. I'm telling you, 4 hours at a football game is long for adults, but it's super long for kids. Especially in packed bleachers, so we are super thankful that Megan and Addy can enjoy game day, have a safe place to go, and that I'm able to actually watch the game. 
After dropping them off, Gretchen and I headed back to the field, and we happened to get a glimpse of Bevo Boulevard before the game, and it was packed. 
We watched the pregame activities on the field, which was a fun experience.... we were trying to get off the field to our seats, but we got caught in a roped off section, so they could bring Bevo out on to the field. Whoops. 
Bevo and the team came out, and we made our way to the stands
We watched the 1st quarter from our seats, and then headed to the club level for some ice cream, which is basically a game day tradition. 
We lost the game by 1 point, when West Virginia went for a two point conversion.... which was a tough way to loose, but it was a great game to watch, and DKR (the stadium) was a full house. 

We have one more home game and three weeks left of the season, and I'm amazed at how fast it went this year. 

Each game day, I'm amazed at where we are. We weren't looking to move when the video position came open at Texas, but when DJ was approached, we knew it was something we couldn't turn down. The experience gives me chills every time, and we're just thankful to be a part of this university and team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment